Pikeville 38 Raceland 19

oldrambler

All Pikeville in the first half. All Raceland in the third quarter. Pikeville salts it away in the fourth.

The Panthers looked like they might run away with it in the first half before Raceland rallied with three straight touchdowns to draw within a score. Pikeville put it away with the help of seldom used Jon Collum. Great call by McNamee to go under center in the I-formation and give it to the fullback (Collum), who rumbled sixty yards to flip the field and set Pikeville up for a touchdown to take back momentum.

Great season for the Rams. Greater season for Pikeville.

These Raceland kids have nothing to hang their heads about. They made a run / comeback in the 3rd qtr. that showed me a lot. Being shut out in the 1st half, down by 3 + td's the Rams defense had made adjustments at half and stormed back.

I am sure that these kids will be down for a while but I would urge them to look back on this season as another proud one in the Raceland tradition. These Ram Seniors have finished their career with 60 wins, 4 Regional Titles , 4 State Semi's/ Final Fours and a 1A State finals appearance along w / 3 (maybe 4?) EKC Championships, 3 Rail Cities Bowl wins (over rival Russell, 4 Iron Bowl wins (over GCHS) .

RAMS , from this old fart of a fan... Thank You. To the Seniors ….. Once a Ram, Always a Ram :thumb:

These Raceland kids have nothing to hang their heads about. They made a run / comeback in the 3rd qtr. that showed me a lot. Being shut out in the 1st half, down by 3 + td's the Rams defense had made adjustments at half and stormed back.

I am sure that these kids will be down for a while but I would urge them to look back on this season as another proud one in the Raceland tradition. These Ram Seniors have finished their career with 60 wins, 4 Regional Titles , 4 State Semi's/ Final Fours and a 1A State finals appearance along w / 3 (maybe 4?) EKC Championships, 3 Rail Cities Bowl wins (over rival Russell, 4 Iron Bowl wins (over GCHS) .

RAMS , from this old fart of a fan... Thank You. To the Seniors ….. Once a Ram, Always a Ram :thumb:

60 wins? If you go 15-0 for 4 straight years you can get 60 wins. Did some of these seniors play as middle school players? Just curious.

60 wins? If you go 15-0 for 4 straight years you can get 60 wins. Did some of these seniors play as middle school players? Just curious.

You are correct, my mistake. I thought of that on Sat. am, (that I may had said that) and just hadn't been back online till' now. That 60 was from the last 6 years. I believe that a few of this class did dress / possibly had played some on the FR. team but I wasn't talking about that. Completely my mistake, I apologize. My brain farts have landed here before. Of course, 4 consecutive 15-0 / State Championship seasons sounds really nice, if only were true :lol2:

Edited by oldrambler