Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A playoffs....

Featured Replies

Ok, on our side I would say it is either going to be X, Male, Trinity, or Henry Clay...all have been in the finals before....I think Henry Clay has, not for sure though....

 

 

On the other side, I know Warren Central has....has any of the other teams?

 

 

That's pretty cool.

Owensboro Sr, but, it was a long time ago...

Owensboro won the 3A title in 1986 and lost to Highlands in 1999 and 2000. Owensboro lost to Trinity for the 4A title in 1983.

 

Henderson County reached the 4A finals in 1976, losing a close game to Trinity.

Henry Clay made it to the 1995 4A final only to lose to St. X 26 - 0.

I would expect that Warren Central to be pretty focused team in the playoffs this year. Last year they hosted a semi-final and really did not play to well. St. X ended up winning big, but WC was pretty down after the first score or two. I would anticipate that they will be full of enthusiasm and ready to play regardless of who and where they play the next coulpe of rounds.

Owensboro is another close community with lots of support. Lots of football tradition in Owensboro. May not be 4A or 3A championship heavy, but they have had some very good teams over the years. Mark Higgs was pretty awsome in HS. May find it tough to compete against the Louisville schools, however, dont underestimate them as a team.

I can't speak for WC as I have not seen them play but neither OHS nor HC have a team that can play with Trinity, St. X or Male. I have seen a lot better HC teams go to Louisville only to come home empty. OHS is too one dimensional on offense to do anything against the big 3. As much as I hate to say it will be another T/X/H title year, just against a new opponent.

Lincoln County (who likely has to defeat Clark County/Henry Clay/Trinity-Male-St. Xavier to get there) made Class 3A state finals appearances in 1990 and 1993. They fell to Ashland in 1990 and to Covington Catholic in 1993.

I predict Ryle will be in the final.

The real shocker was Woodford Co. beating Lafayette. I thought they would go far. Is Scott Co. still alive ?

I am with ya LSU . Ryle has had some impressive wins.

I predict Ryle will be in the final.

 

 

That's a bold prediction, but I don't see them getting past CC.

That's a bold prediction, but I don't see them getting past CC.

Not bold really. They have already defeated CC once this year, correct?

Not bold really. They have already defeated CC once this year, correct?

 

 

That is correct. Ryle beat CC 34-7. It was a while ago and everyone can say that CC is playing better now, which I am sure is true. But, so is Ryle.

Let's not overlook anyone! As always one game at a time. Stay focused and play our game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.