Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Write It Down!!!

Featured Replies

  • Author

:madman:

You didn't imagine a defense that could give up 42 in the second half? Who could? But to think that your defense is capable of holding the opponents on your schedule for 5 weeks or so is a bit naive or eternally hopeful! Next week will be no joy ride either.

 

The Browns, Ravens, and Raiders are not exactly great offenses, so I thought our defense would have been able to do good against those teams. And I knew our defense would not shut down the Chargers or the Saints because those are good offenses, but I also didn't expect as you said for a team to put up 42 points in a half against this defense. Its just my luck though that when I make a bold statement like that, that the opposing team decides to have their biggest comeback in team history...

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:madman:

 

The Browns, Ravens, and Raiders are not exactly great offenses, so I thought our defense would have been able to do good against those teams. And I knew our defense would not shut down the Chargers or the Saints because those are good offenses, but I also didn't expect as you said for a team to put up 42 points in a half against this defense. Its just my luck though that when I make a bold statement like that, that the opposing team decides to have their biggest comeback in team history...

I'll give you the Raiders, but the other 2 are no guarantees. The Ravens may hold you to under 20, can you hold them to under 20? and the Brownies are a bit more prolific on O of late, and I doubt you hold them under 20. But you're right that you probably won't shut down the Saints. The only hope to save what's left of your streak is to win the turnover battle IMO in each contest. Take a couple of posessions from the other O each game.

  • Author
:madman:

 

The Browns, Ravens, and Raiders are not exactly great offenses, so I thought our defense would have been able to do good against those teams. And I knew our defense would not shut down the Chargers or the Saints because those are good offenses, but I also didn't expect as you said for a team to put up 42 points in a half against this defense. Its just my luck though that when I make a bold statement like that, that the opposing team decides to have their biggest comeback in team history...

 

Wow, I know there is still one more game to go out of the 5 games I said, but am I still looking so crazy for the reason why I thought the Bengals would win 5 in a row...:sssh:

 

I know I wont be right since they lost the very first game. But I think I done pretty good so far, I mean who could have seen the Chargers making the biggest comeback in franchise history. And then I been pretty much right on with why I thought we would beat the saints, browns, and ravens.

 

Now we just got to go beat the Raiders, which is a game that does worry me, because they do have a nice little defense there, and I just hope we dont lose focus since we have about 10 days off until that game...So I will wait to see how we do with the Raiders game before I say anything else. But I really just wanted to get this thread back up to the front page..:D

I mean who could have seen the Chargers making the biggest comeback in franchise history
No one, b/c no one would ever have said they'd be down that much to begin with.
  • Author
No one, b/c no one would ever have said they'd be down that much to begin with.

 

True but when I made that predicition I said I had a feeling the Bengals offense would come to life that game and score a bunch of points, and well 41 points should have been enough...

 

My point is when I made that predicition people laughed and thought I was crazy, but my thinking behind why I thought they would has been kind of true. Now they do still have Oakland and this game worries me a little bit now, so I guess needs to see how this game plays out first...

  • Author
You didn't imagine a defense that could give up 42 in the second half? Who could? But to think that your defense is capable of holding the opponents on your schedule for 5 weeks or so is a bit naive or eternally hopeful! Next week will be no joy ride either.

 

Well besides that Chargers game, the Bengals defense have held the opponents down really good...:D

  • Author
I think Yoda said it best when he said: "Eating crow you shall be. With hotsauce would you like it?"

 

Well I wasn't exactly right, but I dont think I am really eating any crow with the predicition. I mean the only loss came after a huge Chargers comeback, so going 4 and 1 I think was pretty darn good. And it is still better than pretty much anyone else at that time thought they would do, including you...:p:D

Well I wasn't exactly right, but I dont think I am really eating any crow with the predicition. I mean the only loss came after a huge Chargers comeback, so going 4 and 1 I think was pretty darn good. And it is still better than pretty much anyone else at that time thought they would do, including you...:p:D

Bask in the glow young man. Nice work... :thumb:

Bask in the glow young man. Nice work... :thumb:

Much better than your MLB predictions.:lol:

Much better than your MLB predictions.:lol:

The Write It Down thread and WS calls were more impressive than this one. :D If you want to talk about my 1st Round call, I have no comment... :lol:

  • Author
Bask in the glow young man. Nice work... :thumb:

 

:D Thank you, I must say it was pretty good for my first write it down thread if I must say so myself. Now I have some comfidence to start working my way up to one day start making even bolder predicitions like the ones you had about Florida in college bball and the twins and astros in baseball this year...:D :thumb:

Well I wasn't exactly right, but I dont think I am really eating any crow with the predicition. I mean the only loss came after a huge Chargers comeback, so going 4 and 1 I think was pretty darn good. And it is still better than pretty much anyone else at that time thought they would do, including you...:p:D

 

 

You never said that they'd go 4-1. You said they would win AT LEAST their next 5 in a row. Had you said they'd go 4-1 I might have agreed with you but you called 5-0. Close but that only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.

  • Author
You never said that they'd go 4-1. You said they would win AT LEAST their next 5 in a row. Had you said they'd go 4-1 I might have agreed with you but you called 5-0. Close but that only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.

 

True and I even admiting I didn't get it exactly right. But you must admit that it was still pretty good, because with the way they were playing at that time, no one would have thought they were capable of even 4 and 1 and well I was just a little off. Or maybe I just started my predicition a little to soon, because they could make it 5 in a row this week...Just admit that I did pretty darn good with my predicition, and it was alot closer to being right than you ever thought it would be at the time I said that...:D

True and I even admiting I didn't get it exactly right. But you must admit that it was still pretty good, because with the way they were playing at that time, no one would have thought they were capable of even 4 and 1 and well I was just a little off. Or maybe I just started my predicition a little to soon, because they could make it 5 in a row this week...Just admit that I did pretty darn good with my predicition, and it was alot closer to being right than you ever thought it would be at the time I said that...:D

 

Actually, the way the Colts defense (that's almost kind of an oxymoron at this point) has been playing, if you'd waited until after the Chargers game to make your prediction you'd really be looking like a genius at this point. There's a really good chance they'll win five in a row.:thumb:

  • Author
Actually, the way the Colts defense (that's almost kind of an oxymoron at this point) has been playing, if you'd waited until after the Chargers game to make your prediction you'd really be looking like a genius at this point. There's a really good chance they'll win five in a row.:thumb:

 

Well I did say that I could see us possible beating the Colts too, but I just didn't want to go that far with the predicition at the time. So even they I didn't officially say the Bengals would beat the Colts in that original prediction, I did bring it up that I think it might happen...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.