Kentucky 15 Missouri 14

16thBBall Fan

I think a lot of teams don't like putting WR1 back there and risk injury.

I agree and it makes sense to an extent.

With that said, for a team that's struggling to put it's play makers in position to make plays, seems like an easy decision. Also seems like Bowden wants it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So put Benny in and let him get 2 yards a rush and punt it away? Even Stars need to check their attitude or calm down from time to time.

Yeah you put Benny on the field when you have 3rd and 2 from the 3 and 4th and 1 from the 2. The fact they didn’t shows just how inept Gran is.

You don’t sit your star with the game on the line period.

Somebody needed to get in Grans business and let him know he sucks. If Benny’s that guy, so be it. You can’t sit him there.

Thankfully, UK has two "stars".... Allen and company kept UK in the game. I love Snell but he's still got some growing up to do. Can't let your emotion effect your team and he did just that.

Yeah you put Benny on the field when you have 3rd and 2 from the 3 and 4th and 1 from the 2. The fact they didn’t shows just how inept Gran is.

Kentucky made exactly none of those 3rd and 2's or goal line scores with Benny tonight...Mizzou wasn't going to let him beat us. Using him any more than they did would have been an exercise in futility tonight.

Kentucky made exactly none of those 3rd and 2's or goal line scores with Benny tonight...Mizzou wasn't going to let him beat us. Using him any more than they did would have been an exercise in futility tonight.

Agreed. I was nervous as hell on the final play the way UK initially lined up. UK coaching staff finally pulled it together and realized losing on a poor run play that had been stopped multiple times all night wasn't the right call.

BBAll fan. You jumped the gun. You are suspended for the Georgia game, LOL!!!

I was watching it on ESPN on my phone and video went off as the Cats were driving and when I hit refresh it said Missouri 14 Kentucky 9 Final. I then left Bloomington IN and drove back to Lexington and just saw this. Hey I'm never so happy to be wrong. Hey I called it in the update thread however. lol

At the end of the day. He is one of the best players in the whole country. Even if they did a great job containing him. If you are going to run the ball on 3rd or 4th and short at the end of the game. Then you put him in. Shoot even if you pass, you have him in just to make the defense think run. So yes 4th and one. If you are going to go wildcat, and run up the middle. You run Snell.

At the end of the day. He is one of the best players in the whole country. Even if they did a great job containing him. If you are going to run the ball on 3rd or 4th and short at the end of the game. Then you put him in. Shoot even if you pass, you have him in just to make the defense think run. So yes 4th and one. If you are going to go wildcat, and run up the middle. You run Snell.

He was in except for a couple of drives and the ones he wasn't in on they did fine, is all I'm saying. MAybe could have used him as a decoy more or for play action passes since the D was selling out to stop him.

He was in except for a couple of drives and the ones he wasn't in on they did fine, is all I'm saying. MAybe could have used him as a decoy more or for play action passes since the D was selling out to stop him.

I'm perfectly fine with them sitting him to start that drive, because of his penalty. He needed to calm down. The offense drove the ball down the field just fine to without him. However then they get to the goal line. They get stuffed on a QBsneak on third down. At that point you put him back in the game. You trust one of the best players in the country to get that one yard like he has against much better defenses than that. Or you put him in so they load the box. You dont let your second string back, try to get that one yard with the game being basically on the line at that moment. Luckily the punt return got them back in it.

Honestly, I thought Kentucky was headed to a loss after watching some of their decision-making early in the game.

Eddie Gran ruined two promising drives to start the game with the wildcat formation.

And the decision to randomly bring the 3rd string QB in when Wilson was off to something like a 7-for-7 passing start was nothing short of mind boggling.

There were play calls throughout the game that just left me simply scratching my head.

On a positive note, Kentucky possibly has the best defense in the country. At the very least, they are top 5 in all of college football.

A few thoughts: 1) Terry Wilson is the starting quarterback and that should never be questioned again. 2) Perhaps Lynn Bowden should be returning punts full time? They need to do everything they can to get him more touches.

I'm perfectly fine with them sitting him to start that drive, because of his penalty. He needed to calm down. The offense drove the ball down the field just fine to without him. However then they get to the goal line. They get stuffed on a QBsneak on third down. At that point you put him back in the game. You trust one of the best players in the country to get that one yard like he has against much better defenses than that. Or you put him in so they load the box. You dont let your second string back, try to get that one yard with the game being basically on the line at that moment. Luckily the punt return got them back in it.

Benny tried to "Get that one yard", 3 or 4 times and got stuffed on all of them.

Benny tried to "Get that one yard", 3 or 4 times and got stuffed on all of them.

Your point? Still your best offensive player. He has been the guy who most of his career made the plays. There are plenty of great players who can have off nights, but still make the plays when they matter most at the end. Hence what makes them great players. At that point the game was almost on the line. Zero reason why he shouldn't have been in on that 4th and one. Especially if you are going to do a run play right up the middle anyways. Same thing when they lost the Texas AM game. They dont use him when game is on the line and get stopped. At least they had him in though at that point. Zero reason not to have him in on that play.