Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams Targeting Carson's Knee

Featured Replies

I didn't see the show, but I get the feeling what I posted might be a bit of a cut and paste by Profootballtalk. I think the issue at hand is not going for his knee, but rather diving for his estimated plant spot...

 

I agree, you don't have to injure someone to completely throw them off their game...

I didn't see the show, but I get the feeling what I posted might be a bit of a cut and paste by Profootballtalk. I think the issue at hand is not going for his knee, but rather diving for his estimated plant spot...

I saw the show and they used several instances where Palmer would lift his left leg if he felt there was someone too close.This caused him to throw off his back foot and produce a weaker throw.They also said what you posted about teams going towards his legs and it should be looked at by the league.

Why are you guys so upset? Come on your in the books forever... the NFL created a new penalty after your team and players :thumb:

Why worry? You're qb will have all post-season and thereafter to heal some more!;)

This just in:

 

Teams targeting Big Ben's abdomen...

 

;) just messin' witchall.

:D

This just in:

 

Teams targeting Big Ben's abdomen...

 

;) just messin' witchall.

I thought teams were simply targeting his quarterback rating:D .

:D

I thought teams were simply targeting his quarterback rating:D .

agreed

Why worry? You're qb will have all post-season and thereafter to heal some more!;)

 

Very true, Carson heals well. I also heard he rides a Fatboy around SoCal all summer ;)

Very true, Carson heals well. I also heard he rides a Fatboy around SoCal all summer ;)

He rides Willie Anderson around SoCal all summer???:scared:

I've seen a few people come close to his knee but they didnt look intentional.

A little off topic but I'm sitting here watching MNF and does anyone besides me think that the NFL refs this year are not good at all? Missing key penalties, not in Bengals games but in other games as well, and sometimes they call penalties I have never even heard of and just making ridiculous calls that make you wonder if the quarterbacks shouldn't put on a red jersey and play two hand touch. Just an observation, I'm not saying I could do better, I couldn't even ref a pee wee game.

Is that the excuse we're using now for why Carson is throwing so many bad passes?

 

I think you need to cut Carson some slack here. While he has been less than accurate... I want you to remember that he had his knee shredded by a Steeler, he came back probably 2 months too early and he has defenders aiming to take him out.

 

Psychologically... It is safe to say that CP is a little screwed up right now. This will definitely cause "happy feet" and will cause most QB's to not plant and throw. He doesnt have much confidence in his line either and can you blame him?

 

Furthermore.... his recievers outside of TJ...have become lazy and sac-less. See Chad and his alligator arms vs. Ravens and Chris Henry finally showing us the real Chris Henry on that last INT CP threw.... Great job Chris.. nice effort you NFL player.

Nothing to do with this post, what so ever.

 

It has everything to do with the thread. If the Bengals offensive line would give Carson some more time to throw, then he'd be much more effective.

 

Take a look at the numbers from last year compared to this year. He's already been sacked more this year than he was the entire season last year.

 

It seems there are at least 2-3 plays on every drive where Carson is knocked down. Say what you want, but that takes a toll on a quarterback, especially one who is conscious about his knee (whether or not he admits it).

 

It's the NFL - players are going to get hit and knocked down. But it shouldn't happen as often as it has happened to Carson this year. Take a look at Peyton Manning & the Colts. One reason why Peyton is so effective is because of the protection that he gets from his offensive line. With the WR options that the Bengals & Colts have, if the QB has time to throw the ball and look downfield they are almost impossible to stop offensively. It all starts up front, and quite frankly, the Bengals o-line has not been getting it done.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.