Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Randy Cross and Dick Enberg

Featured Replies

Enberg is getting a little long in the tooth and should probably be dropped down a few notches in the big game pecking order. As for Cross I agree with many of the others on here.. He stinks and always has.

 

I think part of it with Enberg is he doesn't approach games the way he used to in terms of doing the necessary research.

 

When he does tennis, he rarely misses a beat. A lot of that is because he's such an unabashed fan of the game. I don't think he was ever a fan of football the way he is with tennis. He still does OK with hoops because he loves it, but he needs to be paired with a stronger color guy to help him along.

 

Still, for my money, it doesn't get much better than a big play and Enberg comes up with an "OH MY!" I get chills just thinking about it.

I think part of it with Enberg is he doesn't approach games the way he used to in terms of doing the necessary research.

 

When he does tennis, he rarely misses a beat. A lot of that is because he's such an unabashed fan of the game. I don't think he was ever a fan of football the way he is with tennis. He still does OK with hoops because he loves it, but he needs to be paired with a stronger color guy to help him along.

 

Still, for my money, it doesn't get much better than a big play and Enberg comes up with an "OH MY!" I get chills just thinking about it.

 

What do you think about him at Augusta?

These guys were terrible today. How many times did Enberg mess up? Chris Palmer? Never heard of him.....

Surely those of you growing up in the 70's remember Enberg on "Sports Challenge" on Saturday afternoons.

 

 

 

Loved that show!!!!!!

 

Thanks for reminding met of that show. It was terrific.

What do you think about him at Augusta?

 

I don't watch golf.

I would have rather had Don Criqui and Beasley Reece than have Enberg and Cross doing that game. Its a shame because I actually like Enberg... everytime he speaks I think of the Olympics for some reason. When Cross speaks.. I think of an idiot with feathered hair who thinks just because he rode the coattails of Joe Montana and earned a few rings he is gods gift to the earth.

Surely those of you growing up in the 70's remember Enberg on "Sports Challenge" on Saturday afternoons.

 

One of the greatest shows of all-time for any sports trivia nut.

 

Follow it up with Tom Brookshire and Pat Summerall doing WEEKLY NFL highlights with that awesome music and John Facenda's voice and you've got a beautiful 70s Saturday afternoon.

I've always like Dick Enberg (he was in the movie Heaven Can Wait!), but he did mess up quite a bit. Palmers interception that Chad tipped up to the defender, Enberg called incomplete. The defender was about 20 yards down the field before Enberg seemed to catch on...

Well, this week you get Greg Gumbel and Dan "Sylvester the Cat" Dierdorf.

Well, this week you get Greg Gumbel and Dan "Sylvester the Cat" Dierdorf.

 

:laugh: :laugh:

  • Author
I would have rather had Don Criqui and Beasley Reece than have Enberg and Cross doing that game. Its a shame because I actually like Enberg... everytime he speaks I think of the Olympics for some reason. When Cross speaks.. I think of an idiot with feathered hair who thinks just because he rode the coattails of Joe Montana and earned a few rings he is gods gift to the earth.

 

Well as much as I dont like Cross, I dislike Criqui even more. I know heard Crique way to much during our bad years...:irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.