2018/19 8th region

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think every school should play every other school at least once and district teams 2x. Kind of like conference play in college. I would love for WV tonllau some teams around 30th district more so we could see the Miles kid.

Does anyone have info on the EDWARDS kid at Collins. Is he eligible. If Anderson wins 5 games Hyatt for COY.

Go ahead and give Hyatt the trophy then, because they will do that for sure.

Boom!!! Straight to the point there and tough to argue. If it was Drury maybe a better case, but Anderson’s new coach has not outcoacjed anyone, ever, so if he does, that’s great. La Rams coach, Sean Mcvay is a great new first time cosch, maybe Anderson’s Guy, Ryan Huat (think that is his name) will do the same. Never know. But the 30th will be fun.

Man, Y’all making Gairher at Collins look like Phil Jackson. He seems to have upper hand with great guards and Spencer having no true region experience and Anderson losing a ton of players.

How does Shelby feel about this? Can they sneak up on anyone.

Does Spencer have an inside presence? I realize they are guard heavy and Conley is a stud on the wing, but rebounding and post defense may be an issue. Not much meat on that team? Who do they have that can guard Gordon at Shelby or Miles If they play WV in region.

I would speak on Anderson but I don’t know one player they have. The one kid I do know hurt his knee in football and Huat said he was out for the year.

Who has more pressure to win this year?

WV, Collins, or Burns at Spencer??

I think WV since they have lost first round of region last 3 or 4 years. Would seem to me the pressure is on to finally get over that hump with the senior group they have.

Man, Y’all making Gairher at Collins look like Phil Jackson. He seems to have upper hand with great guards and Spencer having no true region experience and Anderson losing a ton of players.

How does Shelby feel about this? Can they sneak up on anyone.

Does Spencer have an inside presence? I realize they are guard heavy and Conley is a stud on the wing, but rebounding and post defense may be an issue. Not much meat on that team? Who do they have that can guard Gordon at Shelby or Miles If they play WV in region.

I would speak on Anderson but I don’t know one player they have. The one kid I do know hurt his knee in football and Huat said he was out for the year.

You made a good analogy comparing Gaither to Phil Jackson in that he always has the best talent. I would say he is an average coach. He always has kids transferring in that help his program out tremendously. Case in point he lost to Anderson County last year with a way more talented team. When you compare him to Burns I would ask could he do the same with the talent level that Burns has had over the past five years? I would say no way. Spencer County has had very little basketball history to speak of. You have to have talent to win. Burns inherited a program at the bottom of the eighth region and in a short time has led them to back to back 20 win seasons. He has had some pretty big wins and lost some close games that he shouldn't have even been in. I really don't need to defend him because I know what coaches think of him in the region.

As far as Shelby County goes--They have some size but I would take three point shooting and speed any day of the week and twice on Tuesday and that is what Spencer County is loaded with. Don't see Shelby sneaking up on anybody. I like Noah Gordon though. Watched his game for a long time.

If Spencer County stays injury free then they will be top 5 , however, they are not deep and lack size. Getting to the basket and three point shooting will be their strengths.

Straitshooter--you seem to be missing the point--Yes they have lost in the district first game, but Burns has had no talent or very young talent going up against the Anderson County and Collins. Since he has been their he has almost pulled off some huge upsets in those games. Pretty safe to say Spencer will be in the regional the next three years (if no injuries).