2018/19 8th region

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spencer County is about to shock the world. Conley is a floor general, I don't care what his stature is. Conley one of the best prospects the 8th region has had in years and they have SHOOTERS surrounding those two!!!

Sorry, meant to say Whitlock is a floor general.

Spencer County is about to shock the world. Conley is a floor general, I don't care what his stature is. Conley one of the best prospects the 8th region has had in years and they have SHOOTERS surrounding those two!!!

How quickly we forget. The 8th just produced a Mr. Basketball three seasons ago. And Miles still plays in the 8th.

In all seriousness, the 30th district is loaded as always. Collins has talented and experienced guards. Spencer has talented guards, but haven't won a big game when it's counted yet. Shelby has the best front court in the district. And Anderson is always Anderson. Let's be real here, Hyatt has been running that show over there the past few years.

It's gonna be a real shame next year when Woodford joins the 30th. Only two of the top ten teams in the region each year will make it to the regional tournament. Meanwhile, the 31st....

Gallatin defeated Anderson at Anderson, Collins at Collins and Shelby at Shelby last year. Throwing shade at the 31st isn't always accurate. Five small schools, granted, but the 31st usually makes some noise in the first round of the region.

Gallatin defeated Anderson at Anderson, Collins at Collins and Shelby at Shelby last year. Throwing shade at the 31st isn't always accurate. Five small schools, granted, but the 31st usually makes some noise in the first round of the region.

Gallatin has been good and Jon Jones is a great team. Owen was really good for about 10 years, but to act like that district stacks up with the 30th and the Oldhams district is not sensible.

Miles has committed to Xavier (Big East), and had Louisville (ACC) looking at him among other high major D1 schools like Va Tech, WV, OK, Washington St. The Big East has won 2 out of the last 3 National Championship (Villanova). And he didn't play most of his Jr year due to injury. I don't think Conley is the only prospect in the 8th region!

Gallatin has been good and Jon Jones is a great team. Owen was really good for about 10 years, but to act like that district stacks up with the 30th and the Oldhams district is not sensible.

I didn't say they stacked up. The district is what it is. Basically five A schools. I think everyone in the 31st knows the other districts hope to draw them in the region. My point is several of the big schools have gone home early from a loss to the 31st. Owen, gallatin and Henry have advanced.

Miles has committed to Xavier (Big East), and had Louisville (ACC) looking at him among other high major D1 schools like Va Tech, WV, OK, Washington St. The Big East has won 2 out of the last 3 National Championship (Villanova). And he didn't play most of his Jr year due to injury. I don't think Conley is the only prospect in the 8th region!

Conley is a sophomore and Miles is a senior. He didn't blow up til this summer playing for Matts Mustangs. I will venture to say Conley will be getting same looks and earlier.

Who are some dark horses for the region this year? I predict South Oldham will be way better than some people are thinking. Does anybody know the name of the freshman that I saw playing for them over the summer? He was awesome! I thought he looked like their second best player! Very impressive.

Ben Michel, I believe he played for Indiana Elite. Very good aau program up here. I would deff. not sleep on South Oldham come region time. I haven't seen Spencer's team yet but I want to. May have to make that Spencer- Shelby game with the way this thread sounds. Miles @ WV will be hard for any team to handle and apparently they have another good size boy, maybe 6'5-6'6. One of the few games in the 8th last yr was SK v GC at the region and the Niece kid is legit. If Conley is a better '21 player than him then he's seriously good. And Comer is one of the top shooters I've seen in some years (Indiana h.s. included). Should be a fun yr. Is it basketball season yet?

SK returns a good group of kids.

3 Kelly Niece G So. 6-2 158

4 Nick Brann G Sr. 5-10 170

10 Robert Krohman iv G/F Sr. 5-10 180

13 Jeremy Davis G Jr. 6-0 147

20 Jon Hensley G Jr. 6-3 175

21 Zack Martin G/F Jr. 5-6 120

22 Josh Barnes G Sr. 5-10 130

23 Cameron Hickey G Sr. 5-10 151

24 Jaleel Hunter G Sr. 5-7 144

31 Logan Schwartz G Jr. 6-1 162

33 Evan Dearborn F/C Jr. 6-2 195