Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 49 Beechwood 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers end Cov Cath's streak of running clock wins in Kentucky at 15 straight.

 

Dilly Dilly!

How did Beechwood slow CovCath down?

  • Author

Lots of injuries tonight to both teams. Cov Cath's Michael Thelen and Caleb Summe both leave the game with injuries.

 

Beechwood's Josh Derry leaves in the 1Q with a game ending injury, and John Odom is banged up but returns to the game.

  • Author
How did Beechwood slow CovCath down?

 

I can't say because I'm 2 time zones away, but I don't think many Colonels expected to get smacked in the mouth with a QUICK 80 yard touchdown drive by Beechwood to start the game.

 

I think the Colonels were really surprised and had a hard time getting right back into it after being put on their heels right off the bat.

  • Author

I, for one, am glad the running clock streak has ended. I don't want any of that business to be there to get into the Cov Cath players' heads and risk making any of them feel like they don't have to show up to play 100% of the time.

I can't say because I'm 2 time zones away, but I don't think many Colonels expected to get smacked in the mouth with a QUICK 80 yard touchdown drive by Beechwood to start the game.

 

I think the Colonels were really surprised and had a hard time getting right back into it after being put on their heels right off the bat.

 

I am impressed with Beechwood tonight, good job guys!

As expected.

Super proud of how this team never gave up. CCH for sure had the superior athletes but I was begging for Beechwood to just run and get out with no more injuries. These boys sure hung in there and didn’t give up. Hopefully losing Derry for the season won’t kill their chances at a State title he is such a great linebacker.

What was Derry’s injury? Hate to hear anyone is out for the year

What was Derry’s injury? Hate to hear anyone is out for the year

 

Pretty sure torn ACL it was an awkward looking play he and Mayer met and when Mayer laid a lick Josh got rolled under by someone on the ground.

  • Author
Lots of injuries tonight to both teams. Cov Cath's Michael Thelen and Caleb Summe both leave the game with injuries.

 

Beechwood's Josh Derry leaves in the 1Q with a game ending injury, and John Odom is banged up but returns to the game.

 

Hearing Thelen went to the hospital for suspicion of a ruptured spleen.

Pretty sure torn ACL it was an awkward looking play he and Mayer met and when Mayer laid a lick Josh got rolled under by someone on the ground.

 

I hope this is not his diagnosis. Hate hearing this for any player. Congrats to both on a hard fought game and to Eddie and the Cruisers on the win!

Hearing Thelen went to the hospital for suspicion of a ruptured spleen.

 

 

Awful!

Sorry to hear about Derry, I never like hearing of season ending injuries to anyone. However, that’s part of the game sometimes.

 

Hopefully the rest of the players whom had injuries are okay.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.