Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky High School AP Poll 10/30

Featured Replies

Class 1A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Bardstown (10) 10-0 127 1

2. Beechwood (3) 8-2 116 2

3. Danville - 9-1 92 4

4. Frankfort - 8-2 84 6

5. Cov. Holy Cross - 8-2 74 3

6. Mayfield - 8-2 64 5

7. Raceland - 9-1 51 8

8. Lex. Christian - 8-2 35 10

9. Bethlehem - 9-1 34 7

10. Newport Central Catholic - 5-5 18

Others receiving votes: 11, Metcalfe Co. 5. 11, Somerset 5. 13, McLean Co. 4. 14, Pikeville 3. 15, Harlan 2.

 

Class 2A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Mercer Co. (13) 10-0 130 1

2. Russell - 9-1 112 3

3. Middlesboro - 9-1 93 4

4. Lou. Western - 9-1 86 2

5. Sheldon Clark - 9-1 69 6

6. Caldwell Co. - 9-1 68 5

7. Belfry - 8-2 51 7

8. Fort Campbell - 8-2 30 10

9. LaRue Co. - 8-2 27 9

10. Breathitt Co. - 8-2 24 8

Others receiving votes: 11, Monroe Co. 9. 12, Owensboro Catholic

5. 12, Trigg Co. 5. 12, Washington Co. 5.

 

Class 3A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Bowling Green (10) 9-1 126 1

2. Johnson Central (2) 10-0 105 3

3. Lex. Catholic - 8-1 99 4

4. Cov. Catholic (1) 7-3 95 6

5. Highlands - 6-4 74 2

6. Rockcastle Co. - 9-1 61 7

7. Franklin Co. - 8-2 34 9

8. Lou. Central - 8-2 30 5

9. Bell Co. - 8-2 29 10

10. East Jessamine - 8-2 20

Others receiving votes: 11, Warren East 13. 12, Ashland Blazer

11. 13, Paducah Tilghman 8. 14, Hopkinsville 7. 15, Pulaski

Southwestern 2.

 

Class 4A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP Pvs

1. Lou. Male (12) 9-0 129 1

2. Lou. Trinity (1) 9-1 114 2

3. Lou. St. Xavier - 8-2 106 3

4. Lex. Lafayette - 10-0 90 4

5. Lex. Henry Clay - 9-1 70 5

6. Owensboro - 8-1 59 6

7. Warren Central - 8-2 48 8

8. Lincoln Co. - 9-1 36 10

9. Scott Co. - 7-3 23 9

10. Christian Co. - 7-3 16 7

Others receiving votes: 11, Lou. DuPont Manual 10. 12, Henderson

Co. 5. 12, John Hardin 5. 14, Ryle 3.

Everything is getting ready to come out in the wash.

As usual, we have earned no respect in 4A.

As usual, we have earned no respect in 4A.

 

Lincoln Co. ??

 

What's wrong with being #8 ?!?

As usual, we have earned no respect in 4A.

 

Who is "we"?

Who is "we"?

 

 

I believe he is talking about NKY 4A.

I believe the pollsters got the top 10 in 3A correct. The order may be somewhat off though...

I believe the pollsters got the top 10 in 3A correct. The order may be somewhat off though...

 

I would move Cov Cath above Lex Cath and think about putting them above Johnson Central but everything else is probably okay.

I would move Cov Cath above Lex Cath and think about putting them above Johnson Central but everything else is probably okay.

I would put Cov at two and Highlands at three.

I would put Cov at two and Highlands at three.

I agree with you somewhat 94 Camel... I can see putting Cov Cath at #2 with them coming off a big win at Highlands but I don't think the Bluebirds should be ranked ahead of JC also. I'm not saying JC is a better team than Highlands I'm just saying I don't see how a 6-4 team could be ranked higher in the polls than a 10-0 team.

 

And before everyone starts I understand Highlands played a killer schedule and JC played a weak schedule but c'mon JC has handly beat everyone they were scheduled to play... what more could they have done this year? And, I'm not saying you are bashing JC with your opinoin of having Highlands and CovCath above them.

Johnson Central has played imo 3 good teams. Ashland, Mason County and Bryan Station. Although the outcome of the games and schedules of these 3 teams doesnt show how good they are. Johnson Central handled all of them easily. I dont see Johnson Central being ranked #2, but they do deserve a top 5 spot.

I'm not saying JC is a better team than Highlands I'm just saying I don't see how a 6-4 team could be ranked higher in the polls than a 10-0 team.

 

Highlands played a killer schedule and JC played a weak schedule but c'mon JC has handly beat everyone they were scheduled to play...

 

Actually, you are saying JC's better if you want to rank them above HHS.:D

 

I think the schedule comparison is what could change the discussion. And I know we've been round and round with this in the last few weeks, but let's do it one more time. If Highlands chose to play less talented teams in place of the Elder's, DeSales and St. X's, they'd be 9-1. I know JC played the schedule that was given to them, but Bryan Station, South Point, Logan do not really compare to the 3 named above on HHS schedule.

 

It'll all play out in the next few weeks. :thumb:

Actually, you are saying JC's better if you want to rank them above HHS.:D

 

I think the schedule comparison is what could change the discussion. And I know we've been round and round with this in the last few weeks, but let's do it one more time. If Highlands chose to play less talented teams in place of the Elder's, DeSales and St. X's, they'd be 9-1. I know JC played the schedule that was given to them, but Bryan Station, South Point, Logan do not really compare to the 3 named above on HHS schedule.

 

It'll all play out in the next few weeks. :thumb:

Actually I'm not saying they are a better team than Highlands, I don't know if they are a better team than Highlands.:D

 

Just because I think they should be ranked higher in the polls based solely on their better record doesn't mean I think they are better, I haven't seen Highlands play this year. But who's to say if JC did play Highlands schedule they wouldn't have a better record than 6-4. And your right if both teams are good enough to get to the fourth round of the playoffs we will see who is better.

Why on earth would anyone rank Team B higher than Team A if they think Team A is better than Team B?

 

Any first grader can put teams in order from best record to worst. That is not a poll, it's a list.

 

But a poll collectively ranks the teams in order of the voters opinions on which teams are better, from top to bottom. That is the whole idea of ranking them, right? If not, then what are they "ranking"?

I think Highlands and JC have arguments but I believe at some point losses have to start counting against you no matter who they are against. The point a made a few weeks ago was that IMO they mean less until it is in your own class or lower. By scheduling tough teams you for go high ranks in an attempt to create a better team down the stretch. This is one of the greatest challenges to college teams. Schedule tough enough to get a chance to be ranked 1 or 2 at the end of the year in the BCS but not so tough as to lose and fall out of the top 2. Thank God we have a playoff system and don't rely on these rankings. Just my opinion.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.