Shake ups...big ones, small ones? What are you seeing?

South Warren is really good, especially on run defense. There are only a few problems I see for them. They had a lot of high snaps in the FS game, which can be corrected. They had a lot of holding penalties also, which can be corrected. What can’t easily be corrected at this point is that they only dressed about 55 players for the FS game, and they have some of their key players going both ways. The lack of depth is really the one thing that may have CovCath a little ahead of the Spartans. However I think that they will get to settle that on the field in December.

As far as the thread title goes, it’s a big shake-up in 5A that Bowling Green has some real competition in its own district.

Fair enough.

But if the main argument is strength of schedule, South Warren's is pretty bad.

That’s not my main argument. Again, I called for South Warren to win 5A in July before I saw anyone’s schedule. I still stand by that statement as I have yet to see anything from either team to change my mind. CovCath is who I thought they were when I made my July prediction. Nothing on their schedule will change my mind until they meet up.

For kicks and giggles though, I’d argue that Franklin Simpson and Bowling Green are just as good as the best two teams on CovCath’s schedule and like EVERYONE loves to do when they play out of state opponents that team they play from Colorado is a “really good team”. :lol2:

Edited by PurplePride92

6A will be very interesting the way it finishes. Frederick Douglass was my dark horse pick to start the season. I believe that it’s basically a toss up between Scott County and Male as being best, slight edge for Scott County.

For 5A, I think that Covington Catholic is best until someone beats them within 5A. South Warren should be #2, that will be known more when they play Bowling Green. Highlands could also make things interesting.

4A will come down to Johnson Central, Ashland, or Franklin Simpson. If anyone else were to win state, it would be a big surprise.

Boyle County will be very tough to beat in 3A. I think that Central and Lexington Catholic is capable of it. Corbin may be capable too.

2A is currently between DeSales, CAL, and Mayfield. I don’t think that anyone is showing to be on the same level as them yet

Beechwood is still the heavy favorite for 1A. I believe that Pikeville or Raceland will likely play them again for the state championship if the playoffs are seeded that way. Other teams with nice starts are Ludlow, Nichols County, and Fulton County. Ludlow looks like they may be better than last year, which is surprising with them losing Blackburn to graduation last year.

Nooooooo. I made that one up and I am keeping it. Typing out Frederick Douglass takes way too long. Freddy D works!!!! :lol2:

Their uniforms just say "Douglass". I've actually been pretty surprised that folks have been hanging in to the Frederick in the school name. Nobody says "Martha Layne Collins HS", "Larry A. Ryle HS", "Randall K. Cooper HS", "Mayme Sweet Waggener HS", "John McDougal Atherton HS", "Bland W. Ballard HS", "Suda E. Butler Traditional HS", or "Harry Doss HS".

Their uniforms just say "Douglass". I've actually been pretty surprised that folks have been hanging in to the Frederick in the school name. Nobody says "Martha Layne Collins HS", "Larry A. Ryle HS", "Randall K. Cooper HS", "Mayme Sweet Waggener HS", "John McDougal Atherton HS", "Bland W. Ballard HS", "Suda E. Butler Traditional HS", or "Harry Doss HS".

Well, he is Frederick Douglass. Freddy D is probably the shortest I can make it. It’s Frederick Douglass.

With all due respect to Martha Layne Collins, Larry A. Ryle, etc., Frederick Douglass is in a completely different historical universe and, as such, I can see why the whole name is commonly used. You don't see people down south calling Booker T. Washington High School "Washington" or or up north John F. Kennedy High School "Kennedy." Now, Daniel Boone is in the same historical conversation as far as achievements in American History, but I think the difference is that the last name is so unique when everyone hears "Boone" they automatically think Daniel Boone.

I don't know... just my two cents... fun conversation though.

I need some more examples. :lol2: