Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically everyone besides the quarterback. They switch in people to give the starters breaks every now and then.[/quote

If most of the Beechwood players play both ways Corbin wins.

Beechwood always plays its best players both ways. They sub freely though. They are pretty deep in both the senior and junior classes. I think 7 are starting both ways but they don’t get too tired. They are healthy and in really good shape. Should be a fun game.

Is this a factor? Beechwood has played barely 5 quarters of football this year, while the 3A Corbin has a full three games under their belt. Compound that with a homefield advantage, and an opponent that has just experienced a three hour bus ride? Got myself a little concerned with my own thinking.

Is this a factor? Beechwood has played barely 5 quarters of football this year, while the 3A Corbin has a full three games under their belt. Compound that with a homefield advantage, and an opponent that has just experienced a three hour bus ride? Got myself a little concerned with my own thinking.

The long bus ride could be a negative factor, but the Corbin starters did not play in the second half of the Pulaski or Whitley Co. games, so that shouldn't be a factor.

Not sure. I think Beechwood is very experienced. I also think they are fresh and healthy. They have a bunch of kids who were big parts of the last two state championship teams and want to show they are one of the best teams in Kentucky this year. They will play hard for 4 quarters. Corbin is the 2nd best team they will play this year in the regular season and they know that. It should be a great game.

Slight advantage up front? Not to be bias or anything, but Beechwood may arguably have one of the best or the best offensive line and defensive line in the whole entire state. They have 2 Divison 1 athletes anchored on the D-line and O-line and a good majority of them are 3 year starters. Adam Derry, Dayton Baugh, Noah Fisher, John Willis, Duncan Baugh, and Luke Bolger are studs up front and cause havoc. They are much larger then Corbin up front and have a lot more speed and tenacity. Beechwood defientley has the upper hand for their lineman facing Corbin. As for depth, Corbin obviously wins since they’re a 3A school and have the advantage of having more players. Skill wise, I think Beechwood is better. They have extremely athletic kids like Castleman and Odom who are also Divison 1 athletes for baseball. This game will be an absolute brawl. The Tigers just need to shut down their quarterback and I think they will be going home with a win. Go Tigers

Best O line and D line in Class A in the state I completely agree, best in the state overall....highly doubtfull