Western Kentucky Power Rankings - 2018 Preseason

Purple88

Awesome job Purple88! I like BG’s chances at beating PRP this year. Looking forward to them playing my Tigers!

If Purples look like they are struggling early in the game, don’t be surprised if me and Purple 88 kidnap Coach Wallace at halftime.

I am rooting for X hard this year. Good luck!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Purples look like they are struggling early in the game, don’t be surprised if me and Purple 88 kidnap Coach Wallace at halftime.

I am rooting for X hard this year. Good luck!

Lol. It will be interesting since they will probably know each others plays. I pull for BG also.

I am hearing that Franklin-Simpson beat Owensboro in a scrimmage last Saturday. I didn’t even know they were playing. I’ll try to get some more details, maybe someone else on here will know something about it.

Im a UHA grad so I guess Im always interested in CCHS and Hoptown. Really like Coach Clayton and hope he can make a run at his first title. He really deserves a ring for all of his years of hard work and great teams.

Really hate that Trigg has fallen off as a program. Used to love watching their matchups every year. I miss the OLD 2A from the 4 class days. Fort Campbell, Trigg, Caldwell, & O'Cath when they were all competitive programs.

Todd County went 6-5 last year (Its hard to place them in WKY close enough to WKY but really in the South Central Ky area). They have a new coach this year in Coach Darrell Keith and I think he may get them to be stable. They'll never be a playoff factor, but then again Logan County changed their fortunes really quick so you never know.

R2,

Why do you think Trigg has had such a hard time recently? I can remember a day when they had a HUGE, Stud RB and were really good.

Great info on Todd County! I hope they do well. What's your prediction on their record this season?

@Purple88

Freaking outstanding work

I dont understand Davies Co being in the top 10, but you know more about them than I so we go with it.

I think your Purples are going to have a tougher season than everyone thinks. Call it a hunch.

Thanks Plant!

Concerning Daviess County, I understand if you don't understand about them. They kinda came out of no where and all became seniors and are now pretty darn good.

Marquel Tinsely is a 3-Star WR who is apparently committed to MTSU. He is really good. I provided a link to his HUDL highlights below:

Marquel Tinsley - Hudl

Concerning BG, you may be right in that they will struggle. It is asking alot for a first year Coach to expect to achieve the same type lofty goals that it took his former boss years to rise to that level. BG will not be favored at St Xavier or Warren Central, IN. The South Warren games most feel are pick-em games. The rest of the games BG will be favored. Of those PRP and Owensboro and Central Hardin will surely test them. But I anticipate they will rise to the occassion and barring injury play very well. Sure will be fun to find out!!! It starts in 2 days at Male HS.

@Purple88

Freaking outstanding work

I dont understand Davies Co being in the top 10, but you know more about them than I so we go with it.

I think your Purples are going to have a tougher season than everyone thinks. Call it a hunch.

I think so too. I’m really interested in seeing how their season plays out.

I will also add that I am hearing a lot of great things early about BG and how they look so far in practice. There is a lot of enthusiasm surrounding the team and program and so far things are going in the right direction for Coach Spader. I know a couple of folks who have jumped back on the BG bandwagon this season. I love their schedule.

I am hearing that Franklin-Simpson beat Owensboro in a scrimmage last Saturday. I didn’t even know they were playing. I’ll try to get some more details, maybe someone else on here will know something about it.

FS,

Thanks for posting this! I would be interested to hear more about the scrimmage.

I am always hesitant to gauge a lot out of a scrimmage because I know coaches treat them in a variety of ways (some treat them as another game; some treat them as a testing ground for new players in new positions and they could care less about the score as they are just trying new things out)

Can you tell us about the new QB? Interested to find out more about him!

I don't think there is a him yet at QB. I hear there is a good 2 man race between a Sophomore that played a few snaps last year and runs the offense really well and a Freshman who has the look and feel of a good HS QB and has proven himself well at other levels but has not played at the HS Varsity level yet. I expect tonight's scrimmage will split reps between the two. Maybe one will start to emerge as the favorite. I think both of them are very capable since FS will probably rely heavily on the running game early in the season but there will certainly come a time when we will need one of them to lead us in the passing game.