White Sox at Reds (7/2 - 7/4)

Votto finally swings at a pitch tonight with bases loaded. Problem is they had thrown 11 straight balls. Thought it was gonna cost Red legs. They’re playing good baseball and as I’ve said in other threads if healthy they rally for above 500. I just hope we don’t do any dumb trades.

Remember, I did not bring this up before the posters start calling me names. Somebody agrees with me that he should took a pitch.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys see Scooter score on that ground ball last night? He hustled and went all out to score that tying run. Give me a lot like him. He is the best all around player on the team and Reds will let him walk.

Let him walk? He's under contract through 2019.

In baseball it is all about the situation. I realized players today don't go by the laws of baseball and Votto is the at the top of the list. He swings when he should take and takes when he needs to swing. I don't know if he gets it or don't give a crap. If you guys who think I am crazy, don't you remember your coach say we don't swing 3-0.

The World Series announcers just talked about it how players swing in 2-0 and 3-0 counts. It is all about stats and not the team.

Do you realize how rare the situation was last night? In over 300 plate appearances, Votto reaches base 94% of the time with a 3-0 count. Let that sink in...94 times out of 100, Votto is getting on base (and scoring that run). For Pete's sake, he's got more hits on that count than he's made outs, and still has 264 walks to go with it! If there's ever been a guy in baseball whose eye's I trust and give the green light to, it's Joey Votto. End of story.

This is good no doubt but you just have to know Baseball 101 or IQ that you don't swing on a 3-0 count, with bases loaded and tying run on third. Take a pitch in that situation is taught at every level especially after throwing that many balls in a row. Votto's is such a great hitter that he can hit on a 3-1 count just as good. If Votto would have hit a Grand Slam, I would have been happy, but it was bad Baseball.

You will hopefully understand when I take the side of one of the great hitters in the game over some guy that complains about said player constantly when we are debating baseball IQ.

Do you realize how rare the situation was last night? In over 300 plate appearances, Votto reaches base 94% of the time with a 3-0 count. Let that sink in...94 times out of 100, Votto is getting on base (and scoring that run). For Pete's sake, he's got more hits on that count than he's made outs, and still has 264 walks to go with it! If there's ever been a guy in baseball whose eye's I trust and give the green light to, it's Joey Votto. End of story.

Probably would have had 265 and another RBI last night if....................................oh well.