White Sox at Reds (7/2 - 7/4)

Reds are 23rd out of 30 MLB teams in IP from starters. (10th out of 15 NL teams)

NL average is 465 Reds have 454 IP.

3th most IP out of 15 NL teams for Relivers.

So, 11 more innings out of 87 games makes them average? Just for giggles then, if every starter had gone just one-third of an inning more in each game, they'd be at 483...which is 18 innings over the average...where would that put them?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds are 23rd out of 30 MLB teams in IP from starters. (10th out of 15 NL teams)

NL average is 465 Reds have 454 IP.

3th most IP out of 15 NL teams for Relivers.

So, 11 more innings out of 87 games makes them average? Just for giggles then, if every starter had gone just one-third of an inning more in each game, they'd be at 483...which is 18 innings over the average...where would that put them?

Never mind, saw where you were pulling that data from. Went and looked it up myself. 483 innings would move them from 23 to 9 (and 4th in the NL). So, if just a measly 1/3 of an inning makes that big of a jump, it tells me that it's not really that far out of the norm. Are there some elite teams? Sure. There may even be a really bad team. But for the most part there's a lot of teams really close together.

No comments on Billy Hamilton being used as he should be? Late inning pinch runner and defensive replacement. Came up big on both fronts this series.

Not sure that's an actual position on the Reds team. Could be for the Yanks, RedSox, etc.

Why did you not put AVG. on there? When the Reds gave him $25 millon, do you think they wanted a guy that got on base at a high rate or to hit 30 HR and drive in 100 RBI yearly. You are going to defend him no matter what. He should lead off and give about 12 million a year back.

Because average is irrelevant when your OBP is that high. The Reds don't need him to worry about his power numbers when he's getting on base like he is. They've been using Scooter and Suarez in the 4-5 spots instead of Duvall so they don't have to have Votto drive in 120. I'll tell you what, I'm a Red Sox fan. I'd be glad to take him and pay his whole salary.

I didn’t see it posted, but the Reds turned Florio into the 17th rated prospect in their farm system. Nice flip for a pitcher no one wanted.

Seems like a good time to sell high on a guy they got for very little and can be easily replaced with a number of guys in AAA.