Numbers Never Lie: A sign that KHSAA Baseball should be classified

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look back at the past 30 state champions in baseball and I believe you can’t find more then 2-3 small schools (A or AA in football system) that have won a state championship. That tells me there needs to be classifications.

Look back at the past 30 state champions in baseball and I believe you can’t find more then 2-3 small schools (A or AA in football system) that have won a state championship. That tells me there needs to be classifications.

Or just make the All A classic the state title for baseball.

Not really sure where to post this, but apparently a Bowling Green journalist, Paul Gray collapsed on the field last night and later passed away. How awful.

Very sad. I didn't know him personally, but our paths crossed fairly regularly. In this age of newsrooms being stretched to the threads, folks like him fill in a lot of coverage gaps, and are incomprehensibly invaluable when it comes to making sure kids' photos get in the paper and online.

Or just make the All A classic the state title for baseball.

Would be fine if did it at end of year instead of in middle of season when you have to play possible multiple All A games plus your dist. seeded games in same week.

This isn’t really even an All A issue. TEN schools have more kids in there high schools than All A schools have in there entire school district, 1000+. I mean good lord McCraken County has 2,100 kids in their school, St Xaiver has 1,300 of just Boys. That’s like asking Asbury to go beat Kentucky. 1A, 2A, and 3A schools are struggling. And that sad part is those schools bigger schools bring absolutely no fans. Whitaker Bank was ghost town almost when I went. This isn’t the coveted Basketball sweet sixteen, you don’t have to worry about attendance dropping because of classes, because the attendance already sucks. L

This isn’t really even an All A issue. TEN schools have more kids in there high schools than All A schools have in there entire school district, 1000+. I mean good lord McCraken County has 2,100 kids in their school, St Xaiver has 1,300 of just Boys. That’s like asking Asbury to go beat Kentucky. 1A, 2A, and 3A schools are struggling. And that sad part is those schools bigger schools bring absolutely no fans. Whitaker Bank was ghost town almost when I went. This isn’t the coveted Basketball sweet sixteen, you don’t have to worry about attendance dropping because of classes, because the attendance already sucks. L

I think attendance would be better if it was classification.

Has nothing to do with enrollment numbers. KHSAA doesnt want to change the structure of the post season tournaments, which they would have to do. It means more work for them.

It's a lot more work for A LOT of people.

1) KHSAA.

2) Officials/Umps. More tournaments mean more games.

3) Media. You want to force a newspaper or radio station to choose between a big school or same school (playing on same day) or between being able to stay close to home as opposed to travel and get stats off gamechanger?

4) Fans. Can't watch all the local teams if they're all spread out.

5) Teams. Four classes were too spread out. Even in three classes, some programs will get screwed as far as district alignments.

I have yet to see:

A) Alignment

B) Postseason Setup

For classification that I have agreed with.

1) KHSAA.

3) Media. You want to force a newspaper or radio station to choose between a big school or same school (playing on same day) or between being able to stay close to home as opposed to travel and get stats off gamechanger?

5) Teams. Four classes were too spread out. Even in three classes, some programs will get screwed as far as district alignments.

I have yet to see:

A) Alignment

B) Postseason Setup

How on earth does almost every other state manage to classify baseball when apparently, according to us, it’s so difficult to do?

1) KHSAA.

I have yet to see:

A) Alignment

B) Postseason Setup

The media and officials find a way to do it in 48 other states and other sports in Kentucky. That’s just an excuse, the KHSAA is just lazy.

The media and officials find a way to do it in 48 other states and other sports in Kentucky. That’s just an excuse, the KHSAA is just lazy.

Just because they do it, does not mean they do it WELL. I've seen complaints about so-and-so media not covering tourney A because they thought it was more imperative to cover a team in tourney B.

And the good officials are likely to get the bigger tourneys. That's just how it works.

Could we class? Sure.

But please do NOT like it is just that easy to flip the switch.

There are plenty of mountains in the way that have nothing to do with coming up with a good alignment or tourney setup. Bunch of other factors too.