Numbers Never Lie: A sign that KHSAA Baseball should be classified

If I coached an A, AA, or AAA school, I would be presenting a proposal to at least have two classes for baseball.

It has been done multiple times over the last several years and the KHSAA keeps turning it down.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been done multiple times over the last several years and the KHSAA keeps turning it down.

Does it go to a vote of the member schools? How is it we have 6 football classes, due to the coaches wanting that many, and only 1 class in baseball?

The last time the coaches preposed it for baseball and softball (that’s what they where told todo) they said it looked good but where scared if they did it for them then basketball would want to classify and they couldn’t have that happen. Resone, because the sweet 16 brings in the majority of the revenue for the khsaa and they are afraid if they changed it they might be cutting their own throats.

Turned into the KHSAA office and also brought up by the baseball coaches committee and turned down. I personally think the only way it will ever get done is if someone can get a State Rep. from Frankfort to bring it up in Frankfort and it get pushed on to the KHSAA. Think it will have to be brought up as unfair competitive advantage for those schools that have 1,300 boys in grades 9-12 playing schools that have 150 boys in grades 9-12. Someone just needs to find the right State Rep. to take it on.

I guess I’m confused on how the KHSAA is run. As pointed out above, the reason there is 6 classifications in football is because the schools wanted it and voted on it. Why didn’t baseball get that chance.

In the statement put out by the KHSAA regarding transfers, they stated “The rules that govern students and their play are made by the member schools. The 280 member schools across the state comprise the KHSAA, not its 14 full-time staff members.” So who makes the bylaws and rules?

The last time the coaches preposed it for baseball and softball (that’s what they where told todo) they said it looked good but where scared if they did it for them then basketball would want to classify and they couldn’t have that happen. Resone, because the sweet 16 brings in the majority of the revenue for the khsaa and they are afraid if they changed it they might be cutting their own throats.

The KHSAA won’t classify baseball, because they believe it’s a slippery slope and will lead to basketball classification.

I guess I’m confused on how the KHSAA is run. As pointed out above, the reason there is 6 classifications in football is because the schools wanted it and voted on it. Why didn’t baseball get that chance.

In the statement put out by the KHSAA regarding transfers, they stated “The rules that govern students and their play are made by the member schools. The 280 member schools across the state comprise the KHSAA, not its 14 full-time staff members.” So who makes the bylaws and rules?

The member schools voted and passed a proposal to separate private and public schools in sports. It never made it pass the Board of Control.

The KHSAA won’t classify baseball, because they believe it’s a slippery slope and will lead to basketball classification.

It’s a slippery slope but I am confused as to why they simply can’t classify baseball and draw a line in the sand about basketball. Especially now that basketball has classified tournaments for all of the small and medium schools.

It’s a slippery slope but I am confused as to why they simply can’t classify baseball and draw a line in the sand about basketball. Especially now that basketball has classified tournaments for all of the small and medium schools.

The 2A Classic is soon to do the same thing. Maybe my opinions will change on the State being classified after the 2A baseball takes place. This is for schools from 500-1000 enrollment.