Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Video made by Parkland Shooter prior to the shooting

Featured Replies

I'm not going to blame the media for what I choose to click on. We determine what the media shows us.

 

Absolutely. And the censoring of information from the media is a pretty slippery slope. We clamor for less of big brother, yet here we are asking someone else to decide what should and shouldn’t be shown regarding news stories.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally speaking I do not believe America should kill any of its citizens.

IMO there's one more thing we should here.

 

- We should hear that the mass murderer was executed, and let all future mass murderers know they we be executed too.

 

These terrorist win when you do that.

Generally speaking I do not believe America should kill any of its citizens.

 

While I am a supporter of the death penalty I do agree with your statement here.

These terrorist win when you do that.

 

We'll have to agree to disagree. I know the logic behind that thought, I just disagree.

I'm not going to blame the media for what I choose to click on. We determine what the media shows us.

 

Sorry, the media plays a part in this. They run with it on TV, radio, newspaper, internet. And they don't just run it, they run it into the ground. Practically impossible to escape it. But hey, so long as they get ratings...

Generally speaking I do not believe America should kill any of its citizens.

 

I don't view mass murderers as citizens, so I'm good with it.

Absolutely. And the censoring of information from the media is a pretty slippery slope. We clamor for less of big brother, yet here we are asking someone else to decide what should and shouldn’t be shown regarding news stories.

But yet many of you would support telling people what they can and can't own based on the misuse of it by some crackpot.

While I am a supporter of the death penalty I do agree with your statement here.

 

You support the death penalty but not for a mass murderer?

I agree. I listened to a podcast this week that I think applies here. A 20-something year old, along with a group of his friends, brutally killed a mother and severely injured her daughter during a home invasion. When they were determined to be persons of interest and brought in for questioning, one of them finally caved and decided to sing, because "I decided it was just like killing myself. They eventually execute me."

 

He didn't care. Not one iota. The death penalty is not a great deterrent.

 

So what is? It doesn't seem like life in prison is.

But yet many of you would support telling people what they can and can't own based on the misuse of it by some crackpot.

 

Many of who? When have I spoken about limiting what someone can and cannot own? I'm not in the ban anything group, and I'm not sure why you're lumping me in.

Sorry, the media plays a part in this. They run with it on TV, radio, newspaper, internet. And they don't just run it, they run it into the ground. Practically impossible to escape it. But hey, so long as they get ratings...

Where do their ratings come from?

You support the death penalty but not for a mass murderer?

 

No. I support the death penalty but I agree with G’s sentiment that America shouldn’t be in the business of killing Americans. Since killing of Americans is allowed I am good with that. If the death penalty was done away with I’d be good with that as well.

Many of who? When have I spoken about limiting what someone can and cannot own? I'm not in the ban anything group, and I'm not sure why you're lumping me in.

 

A general you, not you specifically. I didn't mean to accuse you.

Where do their ratings come from?

 

From people that don't get it I suppose. They should report it, but we shouldn't hear their name or see their picture and it shouldn't be anywhere near the constant that it is. Whether people want to admit it or not, the media glorifies this stuff in the minds of the next nut that considers doing things like this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.