Highlands 33 Conner 0 (Frosh Championship)

leatherneck

You're right... the Male scrimmage doesn't mean a whole lot. If I recall Highlands was getting beat pretty bad early on (like 50-0 or something). So I guess what I'm hearing you say is that Highlands "comeback" late was at the JV/Frosh level? OBTW, our goal is to win every game. And in doing that you can't help but win state. Trinity's system seems to work "equally" well.
If you're goal is not to win the state championship...you've got the wrong goal! But I know the folks that play and coach at Trinity don't think that way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're showing your ignorance in my opinion. It was pointed out that it didn't seem to matter that Highlands couldn't get over the hump with the Ohio teams. I pointed out that a team could do both. Highlands doesn't have a monopoly on winning, a number of schools do it quite well themselves.

You mean to tell me that a team can beat an Ohio team AND win a state championship? WOW! Never thought of that.

Honestly, you come in to a frosh championship thread to bash the scheduling of one the winningest programs in all of KY...above all that, at the freshman level. AMAZING!!!

Keep reaching...:rolleyes:

Not reaching at all. I'm asking some questions as to why you guys do things the way you do them. I guess you have pretty thin skin. The only real reason I can see for this "NKY frosh league" is financial. It costs less due to reduced travel. I really can't see how it effects the Highlands program. They would continue to win at the Varsity level even if they exposed their frosh to a few defeats every year. The ones that seem to get nothing out of the system is NKY 4A. Their frosh get beat by the NKY 3A and then they get dealt with on the JV and Varsity level for the next three years. Whats in it for them?

Honestly, you come in to a frosh championship thread to bash the scheduling of one the winningest programs in all of KY...above all that, at the freshman level. AMAZING!!!
I agree. We need to get this conversation back on the HHS/Conner freshman game. Take other discussions to a separate thread.

You're showing your ignorance in my opinion. It was pointed out that it didn't seem to matter that Highlands couldn't get over the hump with the Ohio teams. I pointed out that a team could do both. Highlands doesn't have a monopoly on winning, a number of schools do it quite well themselves.

The freshman and jv games against Male were totally separate from the varsity game. The Highlands varsity had the big comeback in the second half against Male's varsity. Furthermore, X did not "handle" Highlands this year. I'm glad you're proud of Trinity and you have every right to be. They are a class program. But you are not making the program look good by your posts on this thread.

The freshman and jv games against Male were totally separate from the varsity game. The Highlands varsity had the big comeback in the second half against Male's varsity. Furthermore, X did not "handle" Highlands this year. I'm glad you're proud of Trinity and you have every right to be. They are a class program. But you are not making the program look good by your posts on this thread.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Not reaching at all. I'm asking some questions as to why you guys do things the way you do them. I guess you have pretty thin skin. The only real reason I can see for this "NKY frosh league" is financial. It costs less due to reduced travel. I really can't see how it effects the Highlands program. They would continue to win at the Varsity level even if they exposed their frosh to a few defeats every year. The ones that seem to get nothing out of the system is NKY 4A. Their frosh get beat by the NKY 3A and then they get dealt with on the JV and Varsity level for the next three years. Whats in it for them?

Not thin skinned at all, just intolerant of ridiculous arguments.

So, you're suggesting that it's a good idea that HHS' 30ish frosh take on Trinity's, X's, Elder's, Moeller's...etc, 90 plus squad of frosh. Ridiculous...

If you're goal is not to win the state championship...you've got the wrong goal! But I know the folks that play and coach at Trinity don't think that way.

Reread my post. I said to win "all" games. Explain to me how you fail to win state if you accomplish that? We have had a number of seasons that we won state without winning them all but we've never failed to win state when we've won them all. I don't believe there is anyone at Trinity (players or coach) that doesn't want to win every game.

Back to the thread (after another thread-jack by a Trinity Fan......)

Great Game Birds!

Great Season Birds!

And yes it is 37 straight wins!!!!

13-0 after 1 offensive play. Absolute domination by a Bird team that had something left to prove and did so tonight.

Great season Conner.

Quinn, you are remembered, and they did win for Quinn!

Not thin skinned at all, just intolerant of ridiculous arguments.

So, you're suggesting that it's a good idea that HHS' 30ish frosh take on Trinity's, X's, Elder's, Moeller's...etc, 90 plus squad of frosh. Ridiculous...

I figured Highlands to have more freshmen than 30. How many frosh do the 4A schools in NKY have. I'm guessing twice as many as Highlands at least. FYI, I'm not bashing your program. I'm trying to discuss your program. I'm just inquiring. HHS saw fit to play Trinity twice at the JV level. Yet you seem to think the frosh level is untouchable. Am I right?

:thumb:

BTW, there was some hitting going on tonight...especially for frosh...

Roller is going to be an animal at the jv and varsity level..He was by far the best linebacker I have seen all year...The kid loves to blow people up...Keep the family tradition alive little Rolls......:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I figured Highlands to have more freshmen than 30. How many frosh do the 4A schools in NKY have. I'm guessing twice as many as Highlands at least. FYI, I'm not bashing your program. I'm trying to discuss your program. I understand that the Highlands faithful don't take kindly to anything but blind devotion but I'm not bashing your kids. I'm just inquiring. HHS saw fit to play Trinity twice at the JV level. Yet you seem to think the frosh level is untouchable. Am I right?

THEY PLAY IN A LEAGUE....

Reread my post. I said to win "all" games. Explain to me how you fail to win state if you accomplish that? We have had a number of seasons that we won state without winning them all but we've never failed to win state when we've won them all. I don't believe there is anyone at Trinity (players or coach) that doesn't want to win every game.
:lol:

Back on topic...was our frosh a running team or more of a passing team?