Covington Catholic 6 Beechwood 0 (35th District Championship)

Candidly, thought this game for BW was a surprise to me. Fundamentals were not there on three key plays in 5 run 4th inning. Pitcher completely missed an easy FC that put runner on 1st. On successful squeeze play, pitcher had runner by 20 feet and bobbled the ball. Then on last run on a liner to left center, runner on 2nd got a late start and would have been an easy out at plate, but cutoff man got no instructions and just held ball. CovCth earned this victory; but, BW better tighten up fundamentally or they will be a quick regional out. Coach Grey was a very loud unhappy camper and I suspect the Tigers have it in them to respond.

Candidly, thought this game for BW was a surprise to me. Fundamentals were not there on three key plays in 5 run 4th inning. Pitcher completely missed an easy FC that put runner on 1st. On successful squeeze play, pitcher had runner by 20 feet and bobbled the ball. Then on last run on a liner to left center, runner on 2nd got a late start and would have been an easy out at plate, but cutoff man got no instructions and just held ball. CovCth earned this victory; but, BW better tighten up fundamentally or they will be a quick regional out. Coach Grey was a very loud unhappy camper and I suspect the Tigers have it in them to respond.

Sounds like he had every reason to be.

Kevin Gray

@coach_gray14

Follow Follow @coach_gray14

More

Gotta tip your hat to Evan Stallman from Covcath, he pitched a great game. Even with our loss yesterday our season continues. 9th Region draw is Saturday. Gotta believe and play with confidence.