Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QOTD: Would you support your most hated enemy, if they drafted your favorite player?

Featured Replies

If my one of my sons were drafted by the Steelers I would not support them. My dislike is that strong. Any other team else I would be ok, even though Ravens and Browns would be difficult.

 

Oh Bengal Maniac - I don't think that would be true (lol).

 

As a UofL fan I thought I would never ever EVER support UK sports in anything...... until my nephew was recruited and signed to play there. Now I’ll wear blue (yiiiikes!) in just this 1 sport, for the next 4 years. LOL

  • Replies 39
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This appears to be a moot point with many of you, in that you have never had a college player that you really felt invested in as a huge fan.

 

Like I said before, I've got a favorite team...Ohio State. Do I have a favorite player on each year's squad? Sure. But, that lineup is changing basically every year. So, next year's favorite player is perhaps going to be different than this year's, or last year's. Aside from an offensive lineman, it's hard to find many star players who play for 4 years.

 

I think at the collegiate level, the loyalty factor is probably centered more around the team and/or the coach. The turnover rate for the players is just so fast, it's hard to become attached to them the same way you can the pros.

If the Patriots draft Lamar, I will have a Patriots jersey in my closet.

I will go one step closer than that. If the Steelers offered me a job that paid 5M a year, I would turn it down. Guarantee it. Now I wouldn't tell the lovely lady because she would get very angry.

 

That is absurd, at minimum.

No, and this is why it's stupid for the Louisville NBA backers to think it can work there. How many Davis Pelicans jerseys are selling in Lexington?

May be apples and strawberries, but an awful lot of folks in this neck of the woods wore Tennessee gear for four years during the Lofton years.

  • Author
No, and this is why it's stupid for the Louisville NBA backers to think it can work there. How many Davis Pelicans jerseys are selling in Lexington?

 

I don't know if NBA jersey sales in Lexington as a whole are very good. But you are misinformed if you don't think there are exponentially more people in Kentucky aware of the Pelicans and follow them due to Davis, Boogie, Rondo and Miller.

 

As far as the original question goes, you won't root for whichever team Lamar ends up at to have success with him at QB? He's your favorite teams greatest player in 50 years.

  • Author
May be apples and strawberries, but an awful lot of folks in this neck of the woods wore Tennessee gear for four years during the Lofton years.

 

Agreed and I'd bet many of those same people would have NEVER considered it, if thier favorite son hadn't gone to Tennessee.

I don't know if NBA jersey sales in Lexington as a whole are very good. But you are misinformed if you don't think there are exponentially more people in Kentucky aware of the Pelicans and follow them due to Davis, Boogie, Rondo and Miller.

 

As far as the original question goes, you won't root for whichever team Lamar ends up at to have success with him at QB? He's your favorite teams greatest player in 50 years.

 

I will root for him, to a degree. If those complicated loyalty situations arise, I'm sure it will be on my mind. Maybe the Steelers draft him and me and Deuce are covered.

 

Steelers > Everything

I don't know if NBA jersey sales in Lexington as a whole are very good. But you are misinformed if you don't think there are exponentially more people in Kentucky aware of the Pelicans and follow them due to Davis, Boogie, Rondo and Miller.

 

As far as the original question goes, you won't root for whichever team Lamar ends up at to have success with him at QB? He's your favorite teams greatest player in 50 years.

 

To follow up: You're right. This state doesn't give two whits about pro hoops. Just like the South doesn't care about anything but college football.

As a Cleveland Browns fan I would not/cannot ever root for Pittsburgh, even if the whole roster was filled with Ohio State players and Woody Hayes had been the team owner.

 

The Ravens are just plain "dead to me." Any Ohio State players over there might as well have fallen into a black hole.

 

Having said that, I still like Ozzie Newsome, but I hope his employer loses every game.

I will root for him, to a degree. If those complicated loyalty situations arise, I'm sure it will be on my mind. Maybe the Steelers draft him and me and Deuce are covered.

 

Steelers > Everything

 

At which point I would have a Lamar jersey in every color. :lol2:

He's your favorite teams greatest player in 50 years.

 

Ever... The greatest player ever.

At which point I would have a Lamar jersey in every color. :lol2:

 

How much do Canadian League jerseys cost in a few years?

I'm a Clemson fan/alum and a Bengals fan. I went to Watson's game vs the Bengals and I rooted for the Bengals but when Watson had the ball I secretly rooted for him to do well. More or less I rooted for the offenses which is actually fun to do. Houston has a few Clemson guys so they're kind of my second team in the NFL. I don't think that would work out as well if it was Pittsburgh.

Edited by Jumper_Dad
TOS

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.