Kentucky All-Star Tryouts Held Today at Dunbar

This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight

Could be but I also know plenty of kids who did the same(save for the KY/OH All Star Game) that would have loved to have been able to tryout even if they knew they were a long shot to make it.

Could be but I also know plenty of kids who did the same(save for the KY/OH All Star Game) that would have loved to have been able to tryout even if they knew they were a long shot to make it.

Yeah, by no means am I making excuses for the kids, but the talk coming out of the KY/OH game was they were beat up...alot of knee issues and sore backs from a few of them. The practices at the KY/OH weekend were brutal and long. I suggested to my favorite player sore knees and all that he go to the tryouts, and he participated ....sometimes you gotta do things you might not wanna do.

Tidbits......Trevon and Wales didn't participate in the first session and Cooper Robb injured his ankle in the morning session and didn t return

This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight

My son was invited a few years ago and wanted no part of going. I made him attend and he pretty much just went thru the motions. Season was over and he was done playing.

My son was invited a few years ago and wanted no part of going. I made him attend and he pretty much just went thru the motions. Season was over and he was done playing.

I appreciate you sharing this; I don't think the kids that didn't show up meant any harm or disrespect to the state. My favorite player wanted no parts of this tryout, for no other reason other than that he was exhausted with basketball. His body was sore and he just basically went through the motions (2-two hour practice sessions and a game). I understood the honor he was presented by being selected to tryout, so I made him go. He didn't totally grasp the significance of the selection so I made the decision for him. Other kids may not have that type of person in their life. He will thank me later when it's time to play the game because I know he wants to represent his state in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

The Kentucky Boys and Girls Junior All Stars will also play the Indiana Junior All Stars in a home and home series. The game in Kentucky will be played on Saturday June 2nd at a site to be determined, probably somewhere in Louisville at 2:00 and 4:00. The game in Indiana will be played on Sunday June 3rd at Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis, Indiana at 2:00 and 4:00.

The Kentucky Boys and Girls Junior All Stars will also play the Indiana Junior All Stars in a home and home series. The game in Kentucky will be played on Saturday June 2nd at a site to be determined, probably somewhere in Louisville at 2:00 and 4:00. The game in Indiana will be played on Sunday June 3rd at Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis, Indiana at 2:00 and 4:00.

DdFxHG5W4AI5Rl0.jpg