Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andre the Giant - HBO Documentary

Featured Replies

"As powerful, tender and fascinating as the man it is about" - New York Daily News

 

I caught the premier of this Wednesday night and I couldn't agree with the NYDN blurb more. I'd meant to record this and watch it later, but once I started watching, I was hooked. Has anyone else seen this yet?

 

Here is the link to the doc, featuring interviews with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Robin Wright and Billy Crystal.

Andre the Giant | Documentaries | HBO

 

 

Andre and Ali.jpg

Muhammad Ali with Andre Roussimoff

Edited by Runcible Owl

I watched it, and loved it. I was a big WWF fan in the 80’s, and Andre was always a mythical figure. The few times you’d see him on TV, it was a big deal. And his feud with Hulk was completely believable, and a great storyline. It was neat seeing the old stuff from his younger days. And I had no idea he had a daughter. I can’t imagine living a life where you simply cannot get away from being noticed.

I missed the premier but pulled it up On Demand. I think it was really well done and showed a side that most of us never saw. I think it really bothered him being a "Bad guy" to Hogan, because he'd always been a "Good guy."

 

It was nice seeing that all the others had great respect for him in and out of the ring.

 

His feud with Big John Stud was great and shows just how powerful Andre was, that even someone as big as Stud was totally at his mercy.

It was an amazing show. Absolutely brilliantly done and as good as the Rick Flair 30-for-30 if you love wrestling. Show what a special person Andre was to wrestling and just a good person.

 

The whole storyline build up to where he turns heel for Wrestlemainia 3 was fantastic.

Great documentary. The gentle giant lived a hard life. I can’t imagine how difficult it was to literally never have an opportunity to step out of the spotlight and just blend in. No matter where he was, he was always a spectacle.

I loved it as well. For my money, the Andre The Giant documentary was better than the Ric Flair documentary and I thought the Flair doc was great.

I loved it as well. For my money, the Andre The Giant documentary was better than the Ric Flair documentary and I thought the Flair doc was great.

 

It seemed like the both suffered from a lot of pain physical and otherwise. I felt more for Andre as it seemed that a lot of the pain that Flair dealt with was self inflicted.

As one who never understood how an adult could watch pro wrestling I didn't know much about Andre the Giant. I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary but it was a sad tale. I did appreciate the respect and love that Hulk Hogan had for Andre. It didn't come off as insincere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.