Cubs at Reds 4/2 - 4/3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Dixon had a fantastic spring at the plate. How are Dixon and/or Blandino defensively at shortstop?

Neither are spectacular there, but they'd almost never need to be there with Gosselin on the roster. Gosselin and Pennington are both good defensively, but bring almost nothing at the plate. Dixon and Blandino are solid defensively, but their tickets are their bat. Both can play a wider array of positions as well.

At the end of the day, we're talking about the 25th spot on the roster, so it doesn't really matter, it just limits the flexibility IMO having both Gosselin and Pennington.

Neither are spectacular there, but they'd almost never need to be there with Gosselin on the roster. Gosselin and Pennington are both good defensively, but bring almost nothing at the plate. Dixon and Blandino are solid defensively, but their tickets are their bat. Both can play a wider array of positions as well.

At the end of the day, we're talking about the 25th spot on the roster, so it doesn't really matter, it just limits the flexibility IMO having both Gosselin and Pennington.

Blandino is okay defensively at 2B or 3B. He's horrible at SS and wouldn't need right be there except in an emergency. That said, he's had an excellent OBP in the minors and would be ideal for that 2nd utility role.

Bottom again strikes out looking with two on and none out. Hard to get an RBI if you don't swing. Suarez grounds into a double play with the bases loaded. Like several years past, Reds are terrible in execution situational hitting.

Did anyone catch the TV stint early in the game with Sam LeCure (sp)?

He is going to do some radio and I think, TV, this year???

I thought they were downsizing when they ousted Kelch, or maybe just downsizing the payroll.

Isn't this the same guy who blasted the Reds for poor treatment last fall????

Did anyone catch the TV stint early in the game with Sam LeCure (sp)?

He is going to do some radio and I think, TV, this year???

I thought they were downsizing when they ousted Kelch, or maybe just downsizing the payroll.

Isn't this the same guy who blasted the Reds for poor treatment last fall????

Yes and they are bring back Mr. Danny "Middle Finger" Graves to do the same.

Like I said before, this town seems to idolize its buttclowns.

Still playing Hamilton. Amazing. That guy needs to be a late inning replacement or pinch runner and play maybe 2 times a week.

He’s an above average player with his defense alone basically. As long as he’s not hitting leadoff I’m ok with it.