Open Job: Notre Dame Academy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Nancy Winstel a part of this program a few years ago?

Love the Wizzer. One of kindest people I've ever met, while at the same time being a bulldog on the court. She was amazing to watch during her wheelhouse years in the mid-late 90s at NKU. It won't happen, but she'd be a home run hire for the Pandas.

• 2 weeks later...
Why the turnover on coaches the last few years? Need to get a coach and support them.

Personal opinion here, but I think this is a product of Notre Dame having gotten used to being a good program. They spent a lot of years as one of the top girls basketball programs in NKY, and people feel like when they're shelling out $8K a year for their little girl to go to a school and play high school basketball, then they expect that basketball team to have a certain amount of success. And if that team doesn't have a certain amount of success, then those parents feel entitled to at least $8K worth of a say in how that team is being operated, and potentially who it is that's operating the team.

Notre Dame Academy is selling a product, just like any other Catholic School. If people are going elsewhere because they think they can find a superior product that what Notre Dame offers, then Notre Dame decides to examine their product and see what changes they can make to improve upon it. In this case the Notre Dame basketball product is floundering, so they're making the change they feel necessary to improve the product.

Personal opinion here, but I think this is a product of Notre Dame having gotten used to being a good program. They spent a lot of years as one of the top girls basketball programs in NKY, and people feel like when they're shelling out $8K a year for their little girl to go to a school and play high school basketball, then they expect that basketball team to have a certain amount of success. And if that team doesn't have a certain amount of success, then those parents feel entitled to at least $8K worth of a say in how that team is being operated, and potentially who it is that's operating the team.

Notre Dame Academy is selling a product, just like any other Catholic School. If people are going elsewhere because they think they can find a superior product that what Notre Dame offers, then Notre Dame decides to examine their product and see what changes they can make to improve upon it. In this case the Notre Dame basketball product is floundering, so they're making the change they feel necessary to improve the product.

Why the dislike @PP1? You disagree?

@TylerDurden I come from the public school, I don't like the idea of a high school athletic program being treated like a business. "Superiority," "examining the product," "operation." It just seems to much like P&G and not like a high school basketball team.

But I am not a private school person.