March 10, 20188 yr I'm not saying what he did was right but a ball-handler does that all the time when someone is following them up the court and there's usually not even a foul called. Ball handlers, screen setters, screen dodgers. These “hip checks” happen every game. Sometimes it is a foul. Sometimes it isn’t. It’s never a flagrant. Grayson’s last history is why that was ruled a flagrant and I’m okay with that. These folks out here losing their minds about it are hilarious though. It’s Grayson though.......
March 10, 20188 yr And unless I am missing something Seth Davis is the only media personality who used hyperbole when speaking on what Grayson has “gone through”. Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams both were critical of the flagrant foul being called but they both have been highly critical of Grayson Allen in the past. Coach K is going to defend Grayson more often than not. He isn’t stupid. Either way, folks need to let go of this “the media gives Grayson a pass” narrative because that simply isn’t true. One media person on twitter doesn’t equal media for everyone.
March 10, 20188 yr Welp there goes my idea of Duke getting a 1 seed. (Enter my super hot take of UNC getting a 1 seed if they beat UVA.)
March 10, 20188 yr Welp there goes my idea of Duke getting a 1 seed. (Enter my super hot take of UNC getting a 1 seed if they beat UVA.) I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia.
March 10, 20188 yr They would all 3 crush UK though. You're predictable crushing UK in a Duke/NC thread.:idunno:
March 10, 20188 yr I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia. Beating Virginia would give them 15 Q1 wins also.
March 10, 20188 yr Carolina did a really good job of finding spots to get uncontested jumpers in the Duke zone. Luckily for them they made a high percentage of them. I thought Duke could have done a better job of feeding Bagley and even Carter. Seemed like those dudes could just about score at will if they caught the ball on the blocks. Seems like they settled for jumpers too often without trying to force the ball to the blocks.
March 10, 20188 yr I can see that happening. Can’t say they don’t deserve it if they do beat Virginia. They would absolutely be deserving if they can knock off UVA.
March 10, 20188 yr Ball handlers, screen setters, screen dodgers. These “hip checks” happen every game. Sometimes it is a foul. Sometimes it isn’t. It’s never a flagrant. Grayson’s last history is why that was ruled a flagrant and I’m okay with that. These folks out here losing their minds about it are hilarious though. It’s Grayson though....... So since it's just a foul when you rake across a guy's arm or face trying to block a shot or get a steal, the same rule should be applied if a guy is running down the court well away from the ball and you do the same thing? Disagree.
March 10, 20188 yr So since it's just a foul when you rake across a guy's arm or face trying to block a shot or get a steal, the same rule should be applied if a guy is running down the court well away from the ball and you do the same thing? Disagree. Yes. They usually call those “away from the ball” fouls and in the NBA if you are ahead of the break and someone grabs you they call it a clear court foul. Never seems to be the fallout when that happens in every single NBA game.
March 10, 20188 yr The fact that UNC went on their run early in the second half and Duke had possession after possession where Bagley never touched the ball is criminal. I'll admit I fell asleep during their 13-0 run and woke up with a minute to go, so maybe Bagley went wild then. But the majority of the game I saw he just never touched the ball. Give that dude 15 to 20 shots a game and Duke rolls to a Title.
March 10, 20188 yr The fact that UNC went on their run early in the second half and Duke had possession after possession where Bagley never touched the ball is criminal. I'll admit I fell asleep during their 13-0 run and woke up with a minute to go, so maybe Bagley went wild then. But the majority of the game I saw he just never touched the ball. Give that dude 15 to 20 shots a game and Duke rolls to a Title. False.
March 10, 20188 yr False. Which part? He only took 4 shots in the 2nd half...give him the ball and Duke is the best team in the country IMO.
March 10, 20188 yr Which part? He only took 4 shots in the 2nd half...give him the ball and Duke is the best team in the country IMO. Until they can consistently play good defense and rebound the basketball it doesn’t matter how many points he scores. In North Carolina’s two wins over Duke they had over a combined 35 offensive rebounds. That has zero to do with Bagley’s points and all to do with defense and rebounding the basketball. Two things they have shown flashes of brilliance and incompetence. Hell, Gary Trent is the one who was scoring the most at the end of the game when they needed it the most. I want to know why Grayson took that stupid shot at the end instead of Gary. And I get it, Bagley is supremely talented offensively but if he and Carter aren’t blocking or affecting shots then they are horrible on defense. How many points did UNC score in the paint shooting uncontested jumpers near the free throw line? As long as Bagley and Carter are allowing easy shots like that then Bagley’s 28 points and 13 rebounds are wasted. What’s going to be the excuse next year for Duke? Cam needs more touches? RJ needs more touches? Zion needs more touches? It isn’t that simple. If players aren’t going to commit to playing defense on every possession then they can’t expect to win a title by just showing up. I have yet to see true NCAA title winning play from this year’s Duke team. At best they are a Sweet 16 team unless they commit to defense. And if Duval can’t walk then the season is over. And yes, my bracket will have Duke winning the title on it. I’m stupid. :lol2: :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.