Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should teenagers be prohibited from buying phones with the ability to text?

Featured Replies

:laugh:

 

1999 Buick Cars, 1999 Buick Models | Autobytel.com

 

Which one do you have swampy?

 

Le Sabre Custom.

 

Don't laugh. It only has 120,000 miles on it, has cold A/C, and runs like a champ. Still gets good gas mileage, too. The car has never seen snow or salt and it spends its nights inside of a garage, so the body is clean. No rust.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Le Sabre Custom.

 

Don't laugh. It only has 120,000 miles on it, has cold A/C, and runs like a champ. Still gets good gas mileage, too. The car has never seen snow or salt and it spends its nights inside of a garage, so the body is clean. No rust.

 

No laughing here, my first ride was a 1979 Buick LeSabre powder blue over blue.

We seem to pick and choose arbitrarily how much we want to reduce stuff today.

 

Or we're being sarcastic.

I think that is awesome.

 

There's a BGP poster (who shall remain nameless, unless they want to out themselves) whom I text and when they are driving, I get an automated response back that says so. Again, I'm in favor!

 

Spoiler Alert: I am not the poster.

No laughing here, my first ride was a 1979 Buick LeSabre powder blue over blue.

 

My first ride was a 1981 Buick Century that was ugly blue over ugly blue.

  • Author
My first ride was a 1981 Buick Century that was ugly blue over ugly blue.

 

I am glad you brought this up. I knew I made a mistake when I just said "blue."

 

The primary color was a deep, electric blue.

How does Bluetooth help when kids don’t know how to carry conversations today?

 

That's something else that is made up by old people to have a reason to dig on younger generations. That's right up there with "millenials are ruining everything."

I am glad you brought this up. I knew I made a mistake when I just said "blue."

 

The primary color was a deep, electric blue.

 

I'm not sure what color mine was because it was my Dad's work car, and he worked at a lime plant, so there was more lime on it than anything.

  • Author
That's something else that is made up by old people to have a reason to dig on younger generations. That's right up there with "millenials are ruining everything."

 

I find that most young people are extremely articulate.

  • Author
I'm not sure what color mine was because it was my Dad's work car, and he worked at a lime plant, so there was more lime on it than anything.

 

randu's car.png

I find that most young people are extremely articulate.

 

I work on a college campus and communicate with them daily. Like I said, the idea younger people can't communicate is made up by people who don't like technology.

  • Author
I work on a college campus and communicate with them daily. Like I said, the idea younger people can't communicate is made up by people who don't like technology.

 

We are on the same page today. :)

We are on the same page today. :)

 

"Today." :lol2: :thumb:

90% of kids prefer text over talk today and that number might be low. With all the technology it’s a button push society. I am shocked you aren’t in touch with that.

 

I’m also in the camp that doesn’t agree with this. I find that most kids can communicate pretty well face to face. I agree there’s a lot of technology and texting has become a big part of the way we communicate. But I don’t feel like texting has eliminated face to face interactions, or reduced our ability to communicate that way. To me, what it’s done, is replace and get rid of the quick 10 second phone call.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.