Danville 2018

Ram

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the first quarter, I saw a lot of undecivenes, hesatation, hopefully they can get that straightened out, I noticed Coach Clevenger was showing a lot of patience on the sideline that he didn’t last year. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them line up in the wish bone some this year like in the playoffs last year

I've had a chance to think about what I watched and I'm going through a few videos from the first half, so I've had a chance to watch a lot of plays twice.

Two things really stand out...Danville wasn't able to stuff running plays like they did last season. I'm not sure if that's just an experience thing or what. Last season, Don Harris, Ethan Downey, Chase Tandy and a few others always seemed to be in the right hole or made the right read on plays. Tonight, the holes were open and the SW QB appeared to be running with about 4.4 speed. Darrian Bell looked really good. Other than that, the defense was not where it needs to be. SW had 5 possessions in the first half and 5 touchdowns.

Offensively, Danville is going to be fine. They have Zach Thornton, who should absolutely be a Mr. Football candidate, and he is going to put up huge numbers. His passing numbers won't be where they were last season due to inexperienced receivers, but his running numbers and touchdowns might double. I'm telling you. Watch out for Kishown Bartleson. If needed, Danville could probably go to him 20+ times a game and have success against most teams. The other backs weren't able to do much tonight. I'm not sure if there were blocking issues or if they aren't hitting the holes. The back on the JV team (No. 28 tonight) looked like he has a ton of potential.

Special teams... Danville has Hazlett who is good from anywhere inside the 35 and probably even deeper in some situations. They will be fine on special teams, although they didn't get to show it tonight because it was a scrimmage.

Danville is going to have a really good season and they'll be in the mix in the playoffs IF they can get the defense worked out.

My prediction after watching them is 7-3 regular season and deep run in playoffs.