October 20, 200619 yr The vote on proposal 8 exposes the publics to be hypocrites. Did any of you really expect anything else? No. 1. I want a list of how each designated representative voted. A roll call if you will. Lets find out who is ignorant. 2. Lawyers will make enough off of this to send their kids . . . well, to private schools. 3. The current KBOE won't allow this to get through. A political element here is that the BOE and some members of the legislature are thinking about reinstating their supervisory authority over the KHSAA and being assertive about it. In other words, I don't think this will make it past the BOE even if it does make it past the Board of Control.
October 20, 200619 yr The vote on proposal 8 exposes the publics to be hypocrites. Did any of you really expect anything else? I understand the sentiment but let's not lump all public schools together in this. 138 votes for means that many public schools are looking to enforce the current rules. But I would certainly like to see the list of those member schools voting against Prop 8. Is there anything else contained in Prop 8 that would support its defeat? By the way, I kind of like the attention this gets from the Courier Journal :irked:. Mentioned at the very end of the article as if it were an after thought.
October 20, 200619 yr What is the definition of defined athletic territory? Ex: CCH has 5 or 6 feeder schools. Can a kid from one of those feeder schools attend St Henry, Villa, or Holy Cross without restrictions?
October 20, 200619 yr Does this mean that a kid (9th grader) can transfer from one school to another (having not played varsity) and be eligible immediately, but can not go to high school in another district after eight grade and not be able to play a sport at any level?
October 20, 200619 yr Does this mean that a kid (9th grader) can transfer from one school to another (having not played varsity) and be eligible immediately, but can not go to high school in another district after eight grade and not be able to play a sport at any level? This is a great question and if so, is a loophole that will need to be addressed. Unfortunately for those that voted on this, it won't stand up in court if it makes it that far.
October 20, 200619 yr It will be interesting to see if a decrease in MS enrollment follows this if it is ever enacted and survives lawsuit challenges.
October 20, 200619 yr What is the definition of defined athletic territory? Ex: CCH has 5 or 6 feeder schools. Can a kid from one of those feeder schools attend St Henry, Villa, or Holy Cross without restrictions? I believe that all Diocesan grade schools will be considered feeder schools for all of the Diocesan High Schools.
October 20, 200619 yr It will be interesting to see if a decrease in MS enrollment follows this if it is ever enacted and survives lawsuit challenges. I meant decrease in private MS enrollment.
October 20, 200619 yr I've said it before, but it is worth repeating. If you think our football teams are good, wait until you see our lawyers. LOL, yeah, but the private schools are the minority, don't you think the public schools would have just as many good lawyers if not more than the private schools?
October 20, 200619 yr Author LOL, yeah, but the private schools are the minority, don't you think the public schools would have just as many good lawyers if not more than the private schools? NO.
October 20, 200619 yr LOL, yeah, but the private schools are the minority, don't you think the public schools would have just as many good lawyers if not more than the private schools? Please don't get started on minority issues again. It has been brought up numerous times that just because a majority favors something doesn't make it legal or right.
October 20, 200619 yr LOL, man, you guys are so touchy, I am just saying it would be tough fight in the legal system for sure.
October 20, 200619 yr Author I meant decrease in private MS enrollment. I think that it will force some families to pull their kids from the parochial middle schools after the sixth grade. I have long believed that one of the purposes behind all of these proposals is a desire to hurt the private school enrollment. It will be interesting to see what happens to enrollment if this disaster is implemented. My guess is that if the state attempts to put this in, the first legal move will be an injunction to prevent implementation based on the very real financial harm the private schools would experience.
October 20, 200619 yr LOL, man, you guys are so touchy, I am just saying it would be tough fight in the legal system for sure. Not touchy just very, very tired of hearing that since we are in the minority we should just sit back and take what we see as an incredible injustice.
October 20, 200619 yr Not touchy just very, very tired of hearing that since we are in the minority we should just sit back and take what we see as an incredible injustice. You know, one thing that really hurts the private school system is the ignorance (and I mean that in a good way) of the public schools knowledge of the private schools. I think some better compromises could come about if some in the public school system could get educated on the private school system.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.