Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region stretch run predictions

Featured Replies

Wide open but it’s time to commit. Who is going to take down this 9th Region. Nobody seems to be able to separate themselves. I have seen them all and it really comes down to matchups.

 

Your thoughts?

I’m going Conner. I think they have the most talent and should pull through

My predictions to make it to NKU. No surprises.

 

33rd - Ryle/Conner

34th - Dixie/St. Henry

35th - Holy Cross/Holmes

36th - Highlands/NCC

You have to get to the regional first and I think the matchups favor Ryle in the 33rd district. They will get the # 1 seed and Boone C. the # 4 seed leaving Cooper and Conner to battle it out for the spot opposite Ryle in the regional. This means that one of those two teams will not even make the regional. They have split home and away and this year the district is at Ryle so their matchup will be on a neutral court. I know that home court is not as important for the girls as crowds are not usually that big of a home court factor but the court familiarity can be a factor. Conner has played the tougher schedule but the last 2 weeks they have lost 4 of 6 games against tough opponents with the exception of Notre Dame. They need to right the ship with tough games against Dixie tonight, Ryle on Wednesday, Highlands on Feb. 9th and Holy Cross on Feb. 13th. Wins in 3 of those 4 would go a long way in getting them ready for that crucial matchup with Lexi Held and company in the first round of the districts. Conner is clearly the better all around team but they need to step it up down the stretch to be ready for tournament time.

 

Highlands is coming on strong winning 7 of their last 8 and Jamie Richey will have her girls ready for the 35th districts and you have to think they should have no problem getting to the regional this year with the # 1 seed in that district. NCC is the clear favorite for the other spot from that district.

 

Dixie should be the favorite in the 33rd with a 3-0 district record and they should make the regional with St. Henry the other likely participant.

 

That leaves the other spots for Holmes and Holy Cross from the 34th district.

 

All in all it should make for an interesting 9th regional tournament with a chance for any of these teams to get hot and represent at BB&T in March.

Highlands led by Barth.

 

She is fun to watch for sure.

Don't sleep on possible upsets by Cooper, Lloyd, Newport, or NDA in the district semis. And I think the likelihood is in that order. But I think, just based on the randomness of sports, one of those 4 teams makes it.

I like Cooper's chances of an upset out of those listed, but only with a slight chance.:watching:

  • Author

Holmes looked tough tonight even in their loss.

My predictions to make it to NKU. No surprises.

 

33rd - Ryle/Conner

34th - Dixie/St. Henry

35th - Holy Cross/Holmes

36th - Highlands/NCC

 

I'd flip Holmes and HC but keep all of the same teams. Match up will become key. Everyone is going to hope to draw the 34th champion (probably Dixie) if the are on the loser side of the Districts.

 

NCC and St. Henry should be much easier 1st round draws if you are on the winner side.

 

Unless something quirky happens (and since we know they will be on opposite sides of the bracket), I see Conner and Ryle meeting for the 4th time this year in the Regional Finals

 

I'll take Ryle for the win and my outside shot would be Holmes.

I have seen all the 9th region teams play this season and I have to go with Holmes to 3 peat the region.

I think Ryle is the favorite. With the exception of Dixie they have handled all other regional contenders by double digits

Although I'm not a fan but HC is a different team come tournament time. I watched them play Murray last week in the All A. They looked much more focused then than they do on a regular night. I say HC makes a run.

  • Author

Cooper playing very well right now.

The 33rd District Tournament should have at least two fantastic games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.