Sacred Heart 83 Mercer County 48

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard the same. Wonder what the reasoning behind that was?

Ran into a couple of MC supporters (team was STILL in locker room when I left, and this was 30 minutes after game) and they confirmed it was true. They didn't even know the logic behind it.

That was Mercer's fourth game in 3 days.

They might not have had an established area to crash and figured $1,000 bucks on hotels weren't worth it. Can't blame them for that.

Think some may have seen my (frequent) comments on this forum re there was just going to be little way for the Mercer team to bring it after navigating #4 Butler - close game; #5 Male - close game until the 4th qtr ... and then play #2 SHA? Would easily NOT have been a surprise had Mercer lost to either Male or Butler also.

Hear the brackets are made up by some formula vs blind draw? Have to say, if so, that is just crazy. How are 3 of the top 5 teams on one side and SHA on the other? SHA's varsity played little of the 2nd half in either of their quarter/semi final games. Whomever or however this tourney was drawn up SHA needs to give them a big kiss on the mouth!

Kudo's to the SHA Coach & kids though. They looked like a well oiled machine.

Think some may have seen my (frequent) comments on this forum re there was just going to be little way for the Mercer team to bring it after navigating #4 Butler - close game; #5 Male - close game until the 4th qtr ... and then play #2 SHA? Would easily NOT have been a surprise had Mercer lost to either Male or Butler also.

Hear the brackets are made up by some formula vs blind draw? Have to say, if so, that is just crazy. How are 3 of the top 5 teams on one side and SHA on the other? SHA's varsity played little of the 2nd half in either of their quarter/semi final games. Whomever or however this tourney was drawn up SHA needs to give them a big kiss on the mouth!

Kudo's to the SHA Coach & kids though. They looked like a well oiled machine.

Smells like a little bit of home cooking imo but I don't know the history of the pairings in this tournament. The old state tournament format can be brutal on some teams.

Mercer playing four games in three days and the last two being competitive games is very valid point for them not having their legs in this game, but you can’t take away the fact that SHA played excellent defense and looked very smooth on offense. In the last two games the Valkyries shares the ball extremely well and let the game come to them on offense helping them crush Manual and Mercer County.

I’m sure if Mercer County gets another crack at SHA (I hope they do because then both teams are playing in the sweet sixteen), then it will be Avery competitive game. If SHA can continue to play at this level I don’t see them getting beat by anyone. This coming week we will find out if they can continue this level of play when they take on Campbell County on Feb 2.