Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN sets the over/under for the 2018 Bengals

Featured Replies

Gonna be hard to win that half of a game. :)

 

If ANYONE can win half a game, it's the Bengals.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take the over. Ross and eifert back for the whole year, improved offensive line play towards the end of the year, inexperienced linebackers with a little bit more game experience, having Burfect for the entire year. Shoot, that has all the earmarks for an 8 and 8 season.

I'll take the over. Ross and eifert back for the whole year, improved offensive line play towards the end of the year, inexperienced linebackers with a little bit more game experience, having Burfect for the entire year. Shoot, that has all the earmarks for an 8 and 8 season.

 

What makes you think they'll have Eifert for a whole year? lol. And that Burfict won't do something stupid and face a hefty suspension? lol

I'll take the over. Ross and eifert back for the whole year, improved offensive line play towards the end of the year, inexperienced linebackers with a little bit more game experience, having Burfect for the entire year. Shoot, that has all the earmarks for an 8 and 8 season.

 

Eifert is a FA and from what I have heard, he will most likely not be back...is he supposed to come back now? Even if he does his over/under for games played is about 4.5...

  • Author
Eifert is a FA and from what I have heard, he will most likely not be back...is he supposed to come back now? Even if he does his over/under for games played is about 4.5...

 

As much as I like Eifert I hope he doesn't come back so that the Bengals have more consistent play at TE.

As much as I like Eifert I hope he doesn't come back so that the Bengals have more consistent play at TE.

I agree. Everyone knows how talented Eifert is, but unless the Bengals can sign him back for a team favorable deal then he's not worth the struggle. I like what they got from Kroft and there will be some TE's available in the second round that I think the Bengals could grab if they still feel its a position of need.

I'll take the over. 8-9 wins sounds about right. As bad as this season was they still finished with 7 wins and were a play or two away in several games that would have pushed them over that mark. I like where they're at.

I agree. Everyone knows how talented Eifert is, but unless the Bengals can sign him back for a team favorable deal then he's not worth the struggle. I like what they got from Kroft and there will be some TE's available in the second round that I think the Bengals could grab if they still feel its a position of need.

 

Kroft doesn't open up this offense. Eifert does. You franchise him to at least get one more year out of him and hope he stays healthy. If Dalton is going to be the qb, he needs Eifert. You franchise him, this way you don't have to use a high pick for another te.

Kroft doesn't open up this offense. Eifert does. You franchise him to at least get one more year out of him and hope he stays healthy. If Dalton is going to be the qb, he needs Eifert. You franchise him, this way you don't have to use a high pick for another te.
Franchise money is overpaying him IMO. I wouldn’t protest the move and I suspect they’ll end up doing that, but he’s just too unreliable to sign him to a big deal right now. We discussed Kroft during the season and we’ll just have to agree to disagree on him. He’s not Eifert when he’s healthy no question? But outside of Gronk and a handful of other guys who really is? I think he’s a very serviceable TE who if Eifert doesn’t come back can give the Bengals 700 yards and 7-8 TDs next year. He’s more than capable of that IMO.
Franchise money is overpaying him IMO. I wouldn’t protest the move and I suspect they’ll end up doing that, but he’s just too unreliable to sign him to a big deal right now. We discussed Kroft during the season and we’ll just have to agree to disagree on him. He’s not Eifert when he’s healthy no question? But outside of Gronk and a handful of other guys who really is? I think he’s a very serviceable TE who if Eifert doesn’t come back can give the Bengals 700 yards and 7-8 TDs next year. He’s more than capable of that IMO.

 

I think Eifert barely got to 700 yards in the one year he was healthy. Zero chance Kroft could do that imo. Plus teams will never game plan for Kroft because he isn't much of a threat. So it does nothing to help the running game or open the middle up. Kroft would be a very good number 2 te and good to have if Eifert can't stay healthy again.

I think Eifert barely got to 700 yards in the one year he was healthy. Zero chance Kroft could do that imo. Plus teams will never game plan for Kroft because he isn't much of a threat. So it does nothing to help the running game or open the middle up. Kroft would be a very good number 2 te and good to have if Eifert can't stay healthy again.

Again we’ll just have to agree to disagree. To me a healthy Kroft for 14-16 games would be as productive as Eifert would be for 10-12 games which is probably the most you could realistically expect. I don’t think Kroft is a Pro Bowler like Eifert, but I think he’s a slightly above average TE that can help this team out a lot. I’m just ready to cut ties with Eifert. If they do franchise him great and I hope he comes back, plays all 16 games catches 12 TDs and 1000 yards. I just don’t see that happening.

I am taking the over. I think cincy will have a good draft and live up to their potential. Marvin should also be coaching with a little spark this year.

It should be the over. However until I see what exactly they do this off season, its to early to tell. Their schedule will be tougher too with playing the NFC South, and AFC West.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.