Ryle

Ryle doesn't keep its talent. They lose many of the players that are the stars at gray. McFarland is no different than any other coach. He needs quality Jimmy's and Joe's. He has young talent right now. If he keeps them, they will be good in two years.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle doesn't keep its talent. They lose many of the players that are the stars at gray. McFarland is no different than any other coach. He needs quality Jimmy's and Joe's. He has young talent right now. If he keeps them, they will be good in two years.

Exactly right. I had some free time this afternoon before the NFL games start so I went to the KHSAA score book and looked up the records of Ryle over the years. They have never been consistently good. They have a few years here and there that pop up but for the most part they have been mediocre for their entire existence. The records on the score book go back to 1997-98 so I believe there are a few years of records before that Ryle was open but I just wanted some quick data. They only have one year with single digit losses and most hover around .500. Seems to be a systemic problem, not just "coaching"

Ryle Record.PNG

How many big time players have left Ryle, the only one that comes to mind was the Mckenzie kid that went to Moller a few years back.

I might give him top 25

That would make Vince top 25 in the state. 13 best players in state at Cov Cath next 11 best at Cooper then you have Vince by your observation. Like Vince's game or not i'd rather have him on my team than play against him.

I am just saying he is not a Top 10 player in the 9th region!

Your opinion obviously but please explain why you feel you are in a position to know who the best players are in the Region? Do you see other kids play not just on the HS circuit but also AAU?