Should the winner of the Highlands-CovCath game...

jbwill2

There is no need to do that. The 90's are over.:D

Since we are bringing up past champions and HHS and Boyle have won 7 of the last 8, maybe we should just rank them 1 and 2. CCH hasn't won one in 9 years so maybe they should join the second string like the rest of us outside NKY. I am just joking but this illustrates how silly this past champions argument is to the current year IMO.:D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. The other side of the coin is that CovCath/Highlands are two of the top 5 teams in 3A (I don't think anyone would argue otherwise) and a loss to the other should not drop the loser out of the top 5, no matter how sparkling the records of a JC, Central, LexCath, or EJ.

I agree.:thumb:

:thumb:

Since we are bringing up past champions and HHS and Boyle have won 7 of the last 8, maybe we should just rank them 1 and 2. CCH hasn't won one in 9 years so maybe they should join the second string like the rest of us outside NKY. I am just joking but this illustrates how silly this past champions argument is to the current year IMO.:D

Your absoultely correct. The past championship argument is silly. That comment made by Fletch just reminded me of a time when the AAA state championship was usually played in Park Hills or Ft. Thomas in the region final. It was a joke. It has no bearing on this season.:thumb:

I heard this a few years back and if I am not mistaken the last time either one of them played Rockcastle they went home and the Rock moved on to the state championship.

And as far has how many state championships you have won means nothing. Each year we start with an 0-0 record.

If I'm not mistaken, the (comparatively) few times that Rockcastle has made it that far, we've also destroyed them a time or two.

As far as how many championships you have...actualy, it means everything! :cool:

No I don't that is why I have no problem with HHS and CCH current rankings. We are talking about after the HHS vs CCH game where each are playing within their own class. The same class that Central, JC, Rockcastle, Lexington Catholic are in. The point is when teams are playing within their own class or a lower class IMO if you lose you drop. You may not drop much according to who you play. IMO with JC record even though untested I think they have a valid argument to be ranked above which ever team loses the HHS vs CCH game.

The validity of your argument is rendered invalid...because of your argument.

I have said all year long that I believe that Fort Thomas Highlands is the best team in Class 3A this year. IMO they have played the toughest schedule and have played close in all their loses and won the games they were supposed to. However wins this matchup I believe has to be considered the favorite in Class 3A.

I have said all year long that I believe that Fort Thomas Highlands is the best team in Class 3A this year. IMO they have played the toughest schedule and have played close in all their loses and won the games they were supposed to. However wins this matchup I believe has to be considered the favorite in Class 3A.

You believe HHS has played a tougher schedule than CCH?

Past performance is a huge determining factor in where a team stands. A team's reputation goes a long way toward assuming where they should be ranked among their peers--especially before there's any head to head results to prove otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, the (comparatively) few times that Rockcastle has made it that far, we've also destroyed them a time or two.

As far as how many championships you have...actualy, it means everything! :cool:

The Rock has a 1-1 record against HHS and 1-0 record against CCH. MY point was only that there are teams outside of NKY that have quality programs.

I was speaking in context of this seasons rankings. Yes I agree championships mean alot and everyone cherishes them.

The validity of your argument is rendered invalid...because of your argument.

My argument is very valid. Untested does not make you a bad team. Would the undefeated Miami Dolphins have been a bad team if they had of played college teams or would the undefeated Indiana basketball team been a bad team if they had of played an all division 3 schedule. No. The teams would have still been great but they would not of had a valid test to determine just how great they were.

My argument is very valid. Untested does not make you a bad team. Would the undefeated Miami Dolphins have been a bad team if they had of played college teams or would the undefeated Indiana basketball team been a bad team if they had of played an all division 3 schedule. No. The teams would have still been great but they would not of had a valid test to determine just how great they were.

True, but untested could lead to unrealistic expectations from the fan base.

Past performance is a huge determining factor in where a team stands. A team's reputation goes a long way toward assuming where they should be ranked among their peers--especially before there's any head to head results to prove otherwise.

I agree that it should be considered but it is not a huge factor. I have no argument with current rankings but once you lose inside your own class then you cannot ignore those losses IMO.

True, but untested could lead to unrealistic expectations from the fan base.

I agree with that as well and if you notice my posts to the JC fans I have told them that you earn respect over time. I don't expect HHS or CCH to forget about their tradition but I do expect them to give the same respect to teams like JC, Central, Rock, Lex Cath that those teams give them. You treat people with the same respect that you expect from them.