Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Pit Bull attack...

Featured Replies

Any breed can bite. Some are more likely than others and in the case of pit bulls it’s the damage they can inflict. Too risky for me.

 

I posted in another thread some raw statistics. Pit bull breed is responsible for the majority of fatal attacks in raw numbers by far. If you were to normalize the numbers the Pit bull breed is vastly more dangerous than any other breed. Only a handful of breeds have had fatal attacks over the past few years. The vast majority of breeds have zero fatal attacks.

 

Pitbulls make up over 70% of the fatal attacks each year. No other breed comes close.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted in another thread some raw statistics. Pit bull breed is responsible for the majority of fatal attacks in raw numbers by far. If you were to normalize the numbers the Pit bull breed is vastly more dangerous than any other breed. Only a handful of breeds have had fatal attacks over the past few years. The vast majority of breeds have zero fatal attacks.

 

Pitbulls make up over 70% of the fatal attacks each year. No other breed comes close.

One other statistic. 99% of pit bulls never bite anyone.

One other statistic. 99% of pit bulls never bite anyone.

 

They are still, by far, the most dangerous breed to own. Their behavior is a vast outlier among all breeds. The key point is to say that 'other breeds do it also' is not at all a valid discussion point.

They are still, by far, the most dangerous breed to own. Their behavior is a vast outlier among all breeds. The key point is to say that 'other breeds do it also' is not at all a valid discussion point.

My discussion point is that by far, most pit bulls never bite anyone.

They are still, by far, the most dangerous breed to own. Their behavior is a vast outlier among all breeds. The key point is to say that 'other breeds do it also' is not at all a valid discussion point.

 

Then don’t own one.... Simple.

 

The bottom line is that people who do/would own pit bulls don’t care what you or others think.

My discussion point is that by far, most pit bulls never bite anyone.

 

Most humans never commit murder either. Unfortunately, it only takes one to count.

Most humans never commit murder either. Unfortunately, it only takes one to count.

Great comparison. We judge people by their individual actions and their personality. We don't lump all people into a group of killers because of the few that do. Good parents discern who to let their children be around. Seems like we should do the same with dogs.

 

I've said this before but I have a beautiful golden retriever/American Eskimo dog/Siberian husky/sheltie/boxer mix (doggie DNA determined). She worries me around kids. I think that it is just her herding instincts, but her super focus on them makes me very wary. As her owner, it would be irresponsible of me to let her be around children. So, I don't. It has caused tension in my extended family. Simply, I won't allow my dog to be in a situation where she might bite a child.

 

I completely get that some don't want to own pits or have their children around them. I support that choice fully. What I don't support is not allowing responsible owners to choose what type of dog they can own.

Then don’t own one.... Simple.

 

The bottom line is that people who do/would own pit bulls don’t care what you or others think.

I agree until your pit comes into my yard and kills my wife or kids.

I agree until your pit comes into my yard and kills my wife or kids.

 

Insert any dog breed here...

One other statistic. 99% of pit bulls never bite anyone.

I'm sure that will make the victims of the 1% feel better, if any are still alive.

I agree until your pit comes into my yard and kills my wife or kids.

 

And the owners of said pit should and will be held accountable. Banning a breed of dog because of the very very unlikely actions of an incredibly small number of them is just dumb.

Great comparison. We judge people by their individual actions and their personality. We don't lump all people into a group of killers because of the few that do. Good parents discern who to let their children be around. Seems like we should do the same with dogs.

 

I've said this before but I have a beautiful golden retriever/American Eskimo dog/Siberian husky/sheltie/boxer mix (doggie DNA determined). She worries me around kids. I think that it is just her herding instincts, but her super focus on them makes me very wary. As her owner, it would be irresponsible of me to let her be around children. So, I don't. It has caused tension in my extended family. Simply, I won't allow my dog to be in a situation where she might bite a child.

 

I completely get that some don't want to own pits or have their children around them. I support that choice fully. What I don't support is not allowing responsible owners to choose what type of dog they can own.

 

If it's bad enough that it causes tension in your family and it actually creates stressful thoughts, what is the attraction for owning a pit bull?

 

As an owner or supporter of this particular breed, what makes you think it's worth it? In other words, tell me something good about pit bulls.

Insert any dog name here...
Ok, until your Yorkie comes into my yard and kills my wife or kids.
Ok, until your Yorkie comes into my yard and kills my wife or kids.

 

So you'll only be mad if a pit kills one of your family members?

 

We can both make ridiculous statements. :lol2:

And the owners of said pit should and will be held accountable. Banning a breed of dog because of the very very unlikely actions of an incredibly small number of them is just dumb.
ive never said anything about banning them and would not support that. I do support restrictions and rules but put in place to own one and especially to breed them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.