BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Weekly Rankings (1/1/2018)

So if you were an AP voter in 1983 you would have voted Chaminade ahead of Ralph Sampson's UVA team?

The least you can do if have the right year for this. Chaminade beat Virginia in 1982. On Dec. 23, 1982 to be exact. Boone County beat NewCath and has played well lately. NewCath lost to a average Deer Park team as well. I think NewCath is good, but they lost to Boone. You can make excuses in every game someone is missing, in foul trouble, etc. Bottom line is: Who won? By your logic, CovCath should still be No. 1. AJ Mayer missing vs Cooper. Did you know that?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.. So we're basing that off a win a month ago? But this past week games mean nothing? Boone beat 2 below avg teams an got blown out by west Jessamine. But waggner an Butler are both better in RANKINGS THAN WEST. But it's your opinion on these rankings so I don't put to much stock into this at all!

OK, NewCath lost to Deer Park. Does that not count? Does the fact NewCath lost to Butler matter? Who cares if you play someone close. CovCath beat NewCath by about 40, was not even that close. But you will say because a player was missing ti was that bad?

The least you can do if have the right year for this. Chaminade beat Virginia in 1982. On Dec. 23, 1982 to be exact. Boone County beat NewCath and has played well lately. NewCath lost to a average Deer Park team as well. I think NewCath is good, but they lost to Boone. You can make excuses in every game someone is missing, in foul trouble, etc. Bottom line is: Who won? By your logic, CovCath should still be No. 1. AJ Mayer missing vs Cooper. Did you know that?

So you would have ranked Chaminade over UVA?

The bottom line is this: Cooper and CovCath are so far ahead of everyone in the 9th Region it doesn't matter who is No. 3. There does not seem to be a team in the 9th Region that can even compete with Cooper and CovCath. NewCath has owned Newport the past 15 years, so they will likely win that district. Highlands is playing really well right now and I would not be surprised if the Bluebirds beat Newport when it's all done. Newport has some good players, but they miss tons of free throws and constantly lose games they are supposed to win. That's why I think Highlands might beat Newport. Boone, Ryle, Dixie, Beechwood, these rating can change each week.

OK, NewCath lost to Deer Park. Does that not count? Does the fact NewCath lost to Butler matter? Who cares if you play someone close. CovCath beat NewCath by about 40, was not even that close. But you will say because a player was missing ti was that bad?

Ok Deer park is really good an will compete for a championship in Ohio. Lost by 2 in OT. Like I said all this is all your opinion! This is comical. But Cooper is the number 1 team in the 9th right now today that's for sure!!

Assuming we're allowed to disagree....

If Boone is the 3rd best team let's just skip districts and the region and just let CovCath and Cooper play a best-of-5.

Boone has no wins to warrant being 3rd. They beat NCC with NCC being short-handed. Move both Newport and NCC up. Then you can debate where Boone belongs.

Looks to me like you know what your talking about,

Deer Park is not avg! Where are you getting your info? Your way off there.

Lol.. So we're basing that off a win a month ago? But this past week games mean nothing? Boone beat 2 below avg teams an got blown out by west Jessamine. But waggner an Butler are both better in RANKINGS THAN WEST. But it's your opinion on these rankings so I don't put to much stock into this at all!

First Boone did not get blown out by West Jessamine. Final score was 90-79, with of course free throws at the end. Boone was up at half and within 6 in the final minutes. Not exactly a blow out. And the two teams Boone beat, the below average teams as you said, they destroyed each of them, not close games at all. They did what they were supposed to in those two games. NewCath is a VERY tough team, of course it hurts when their full team is not there. But in the Boone NewCath game don’t forget Raymond Rogers, Boone’s top scorer, hurt his knee in the game and sat most of the 2nd half, plus 6th man Parker Kyle barely played in his comeback from injury. So not all circumstances are great for any team. Give some credit to Boone for being a greatly improved team from the previous season. I appreciate your support of NewCath, they’ve got a great program and great coaching.

First Boone did not get blown out by West Jessamine. Final score was 90-79, with of course free throws at the end. Boone was up at half and within 6 in the final minutes. Not exactly a blow out. And the two teams Boone beat, the below average teams as you said, they destroyed each of them, not close games at all. They did what they were supposed to in those two games. NewCath is a VERY tough team, of course it hurts when their full team is not there. But in the Boone NewCath game don’t forget Raymond Rogers, Boone’s top scorer, hurt his knee in the game and sat most of the 2nd half, plus 6th man Parker Kyle barely played in his comeback from injury. So not all circumstances are great for any team. Give some credit to Boone for being a greatly improved team from the previous season. I appreciate your support of NewCath, they’ve got a great program and great coaching.

Your right Boone is a good team. An they beat NCC about a month ago. Teams change over the month an course of the year. An I feel NCC has been playing good ball this past week an are still not 100% healthy. But Boone does have nice.

Man people kill me with who played and who didn’t play. Instead of just accepting a win or a loss it’s gotta be some excuse. Cooper’s win over CCH is legit ESPECIALLY when what was posted by so many in the preseason posted the this CCH team was sooooooo deep that it shouldn’t have made one but of difference if AJ played or not (if you ask those who said they were so deep). Cooper was up by as many as 14 and held on, so be it.

There was a separate thread started that had no less than 8 reasons why CCH lost that game. It is what it is and they will play at least once more which I personally think the outcome might be the same on the larger floor, but if not everyone should just tip their hat to the better team that night and move on and stop with “reasoning” why their team didn’t win. None of the mid-season rankings mean much anyway.

Man people kill me with who played and who didn’t play. Instead of just accepting a win or a loss it’s gotta be some excuse. Cooper’s win over CCH is legit ESPECIALLY when what was posted by so many in the preseason posted the this CCH team was sooooooo deep that it shouldn’t have made one but of difference if AJ played or not (if you ask those who said they were so deep). Cooper was up by as many as 14 and held on, so be it.

There was a separate thread started that had no less than 8 reasons why CCH lost that game. It is what it is and they will play at least once more which I personally think the outcome might be the same on the larger floor, but if not everyone should just tip their hat to the better team that night and move on and stop with “reasoning” why their team didn’t win. None of the mid-season rankings mean much anyway.

The discussion about who was healthy vs who wasn't , at least for me , was aimed at the Boone game vs NCC. While having AJ Mayer available would have helped CCH it doesn't mean they would have won. The two teams are so different (one's big - the other is a bunch of guards) that it's not just who plays.

Your NKU court comment is of great interest to me. I wonder what CCH will do personnel wise to combat it.

Lastly, they're meeting two more times.

The bottom line is this: Cooper and CovCath are so far ahead of everyone in the 9th Region it doesn't matter who is No. 3. There does not seem to be a team in the 9th Region that can even compete with Cooper and CovCath. NewCath has owned Newport the past 15 years, so they will likely win that district. Highlands is playing really well right now and I would not be surprised if the Bluebirds beat Newport when it's all done. Newport has some good players, but they miss tons of free throws and constantly lose games they are supposed to win. That's why I think Highlands might beat Newport. Boone, Ryle, Dixie, Beechwood, these rating can change each week.

Who did Newport lose to that they were supposed to beat? Holmes might be the only one, but that’s a rivalry... so, anything can happen. Newport beat LexCath straight up, all players available. In fact, understand they even had Heisenbuttel(?) back, who hadn’t played much. Newport lost to campbell in a really good, close game. They also lost to Collins who is a top team in the 8th and Mayfield who is a top team in the 3rd and potential favorite to win the All A. Those were toss up games with no real favorite. Newport also beat Boone head to head.

That said, I won’t discredit Boone’s win over NCC, but missing Luken does matter. May not change the W/L outcome, but does change the layout of the game. Young man can play and play well.

Boone is a solid team and certainly in the top 5 in my opinion. NewCath, Newport, and Boone are all capable of beating each other, probably.

Cooper is the clear favorite right now, but CCH is certainly capable of beating them.

CCH has beaten Moeller and Pickerington Central, 2 of Ohio’s beat teams, so to say they are second in the region tells me that Cooper and the region is pretty tough.

I’ll be interested to see how Boone fairs against Cooper this week.

It's hard to keep track as to who is out each and every game,Ryles leading scorer and rebounder has been out the last two or three games, he is a huge difference maker, Holmes beat Newport, then looses to Pikesville whom they should have beaten, it's hard to figure, right now Boone is as hot as anyone in the region and Holy Cross is playing well, it will all play out and I for one just appreciate someone stepping up and doing the rankings, so thanks.