Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 64 Simon Kenton 53

Featured Replies

Very interested to hear from Footballforever74 how Scott couldn't stop Kelch tonight? Scott has speed and physicality that makes them hard to prepare for and no it does not make them a dirty team. Just physical, much like Bob Huggins' teams.

I think SK has had a real easy schedule so far. Something like 7/8 games at home and not really played anyone yet till tonight...Scott just too quick and controlled pretty much tempo and whole game.. Predict the same outcome for when they meet at NKU...

I don't think it is as much out coached as it is buy in to the program/system. Stiner just is not a likeable coach who has lost tremendous amounts of talent the past few years. Likeable is a bit of an understatement, the real factor is kids want to play for Scott basketball, I would like to know the number of talented kids who left the SK basketball program the past 3 years.

Funny how they lose one game and so many opinions come out. Outcoached, loses too many players.

SK did have a rough game. Missed a lot of shots players normally make. Out hustled and a lot of turnovers to a very athletic Scott team.

Up tempo, constant ball pressure ALWAYS results in rushed missed shots. It is a common game plan for quicker and smaller teams; hence tonight's result! Great job my Eagles!!!! Size advantage doesn't always mean a win.

Up tempo, constant ball pressure ALWAYS results in rushed missed shots. It is a common game plan for quicker and smaller teams; hence tonight's result! Great job my Eagles!!!! Size advantage doesn't always mean a win.

 

I’m not disagreeing with that at all. Nice well deserved win for Scott.

I really don’t want to pile on but about the losing one game comment. But their isn’t a really impressive resume for sk over the years. By that I mean post season success

 

My question is how a coach gets caught up on certain players ( and no sour grapes because I have no kid that played) but one in particular for sk really struggled yet sk stayed with him the entire game. I think their are kids on that bench that maybe could have helped out a little more. The youth movement at sk seems to be a constant thing and yet they can’t seem to figure out why they can’t win the big games

 

Scott did an excellent job and their coach was very patient with his game plan. I’m curious how sk would have handled their preassure but didn’t see Scott man up all night

Very interested to hear from Footballforever74 how Scott couldn't stop Kelch tonight?

 

Okay I know you did not ask for my opinion, but from where I was sitting the way Scott was able to hold Kelch to 13 points was by applying very good ball pressure to the guards forcing them to attack off the dribble or turn the ball over. Whenever Kelch was able to catch the ball he scored with exception of getting his shot blocked once and missing another layup.

 

I thought a key moment in the game was at the end of the 3rd quarter. With about 45 seconds left SK cut it to I think 4 and Scott ended the quarter on a 4-0 run with SK missing 2 freethrows. SK really needed to go into the 4th quarter only down 3 or 4 points.

@sentinel, are you saying Scott didn't play man-to-man all nite?! That is nowhere near their makeup, always high and physical ball pressure. I asked Scott fans and their take was completely different. Their perception was nothing but man-to-man with switch on ball screens and showing hard all the screen? Is that not the case?

Too many turnovers, Scott is a very good defensive team. What a beautiful euro-step from Pouncy, that kid should triple jump. The hoop and harm on the Simpson drive was a big moment, stretching it from three to six. Scott may have lost an all world scorer but don't sell them short.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.