Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caracter has conditioning issues?

Featured Replies

Being held out of practice because of conditioning issues. Hmm. I don't buy it. I still think UL has not received any clearance for his eligibility.

Earl Clark has a stress fracture in his foot and is going to miss a few more weeks.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know how Ricky P gets about conditioning...:D

If it was really conditioning issues, wouldn't it make more sense to keep him in practice, so he could get in shape? :confused:

Slightly off topic, but UCon is having problems getting Thabeet cleared...

If it was really conditioning issues, wouldn't it make more sense to keep him in practice, so he could get in shape? :confused:

 

I'm saying... unless the issue is that he's having physical problems.

  • Author
If it was really conditioning issues, wouldn't it make more sense to keep him in practice, so he could get in shape? :confused:

He has supposedly already lost some weight.

That's why I think it is a cover and a way to deflect some questioning, but only think it raises more.

And it sounds like UC still has some issues with Hernol Hall and Adam Hrycaniuk...

It sounds like UL has had some really bad luck so far. Where is there reports about Caracter at?

Im also sure UL wants Clark on court as soon as possible to get in shape and learn the system well.

And then Jenkins out as well is really tough.

Here's the deal:

 

Caracter is not practicing BASKETBALL with the team. He is doing ONLY conditioning until he gets the weight to where Pitino wants it. He's about 7 or 8 pounds off right now, he's lost a TON since I saw him at the Derby City Classic. I almost don't recognize him.

 

His eligibility issues haven't been announced yet, but what I HEAR is that he had a plane ticket that he didn't pay for. The family has paid it back, and Jurich, not the NCAA, benched him for either the first or the the first two games. The eligibility is totally unrelated to the practice.

I dont buy it. Can't get into basketball shape without playing basketball.

I dont buy it. Can't get into basketball shape without playing basketball.
Pitino isn't looking for basketball shape from Caracter... he's looking for lost poundage period.

He might also be testing his committment. I watched Caracter at Derby time in the Derby classic. I was impressed with his talent ....but his hustle was horrible. He was very lazy.

 

I knew that Pitino would either turn him into a superstar or run him off. I believe that Caracter himself even made comments that he came to UL because he needed the discipline and the hard work.

 

I wonder if we are at a fork in the road here with that choice. I hope if that's the case....that this young man makes the right choice....because quitting always leads to a life of "what ifs" and "only ifs". Ricky P. has the formula for success....if you want it...

Pitino will either make or break the kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pitino will either make or break the kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like that has been the plan from the day they started recruiting him...

I dont buy it. Can't get into basketball shape without playing basketball.

 

Im with bellalum,

You can run around the track and diet all you want. But the only way to get into bball shape is to play bball. It makes no sense whatsoever for him not to practice Caracter. It looks like something else is going on. Now, I maybe dead wrong, and maybe Pitino is making a strong message, but that doesnt make sense to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.