Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caracter has conditioning issues?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Here's the deal:

 

Caracter is not practicing BASKETBALL with the team. He is doing ONLY conditioning until he gets the weight to where Pitino wants it. He's about 7 or 8 pounds off right now, he's lost a TON since I saw him at the Derby City Classic. I almost don't recognize him.

 

His eligibility issues haven't been announced yet, but what I HEAR is that he had a plane ticket that he didn't pay for. The family has paid it back, and Jurich, not the NCAA, benched him for either the first or the the first two games. The eligibility is totally unrelated to the practice.

He received the plane ticket while at UL or before he got there?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im with bellalum,

You can run around the track and diet all you want. But the only way to get into bball shape is to play bball. It makes no sense whatsoever for him not to practice Caracter. It looks like something else is going on. Now, I maybe dead wrong, and maybe Pitino is making a strong message, but that doesnt make sense to me.

 

 

I disagree; I bet Pitino's strictly conditioning workouts are HARDER than his practices, much like what Marvin Lewis did to the players who were on the pre-season PUP list.

I disagree; I bet Pitino's strictly conditioning workouts are HARDER than his practices, much like what Marvin Lewis did to the players who were on the pre-season PUP list.

 

Thats your opinion, but 2 hours a day of practice, especially with all the injuries UL has, is not going to hurt his conditioning any. When I was in highschool I ran cross country. It did not get me ready for what it was like to go through a basketball game, like playing pickup basketball at a fast pace did. Its a different kind of conditioning. Then when basketball season was over, I was in really good bball shape, but not in shape to track shape.

Thats your opinion, but 2 hours a day of practice, especially with all the injuries UL has, is not going to hurt his conditioning any. When I was in highschool I ran cross country. It did not get me ready for what it was like to go through a basketball game, like playing pickup basketball at a fast pace did. Its a different kind of conditioning. Then when basketball season was over, I was in really good bball shape, but not in shape to track shape.

Bold assumption on what he's doing at practice from someone that I would guess has not seen one second of what your guessing on...

Bold assumption on what he's doing at practice from someone that I would guess has not seen one second of what your guessing on...

 

What was said is they are holding him out of practice because he is not in shape. I am simply saying that doesn't make much sense.

What was said is they are holding him out of practice because he is not in shape. I am simply saying that doesn't make much sense.

Abnd Wildcat gave you some insight on what is likely going on. You only get so many hours to practice under NCAA guidelines, and Pitino is using them in a different fashion in order to drop the weight. Can he lose some weight playing hoops? Sure. Will he lose a lot more in a strict conditioning program? No doubt about it...

Abnd Wildcat gave you some insight on what is likely going on. You only get so many hours to practice under NCAA guidelines, and Pitino is using them in a different fashion in order to drop the weight. Can he lose some weight playing hoops? Sure. Will he lose a lot more in a strict conditioning program? No doubt about it...

 

If he goes through practice and gets his hours in I dont believe there is any other rule that says he cant do more excersize on his own or in a different situation. Its my opininion that something else is going on here.

He received the plane ticket while at UL or before he got there?
Before.
Abnd Wildcat gave you some insight on what is likely going on. You only get so many hours to practice under NCAA guidelines, and Pitino is using them in a different fashion in order to drop the weight. Can he lose some weight playing hoops? Sure. Will he lose a lot more in a strict conditioning program? No doubt about it...

So now kids working out and conditioning on their own or with the help of a trainer are considered into the practice time?

It was just announced that the NCAA has suspended Caracter for 3 games for accepting a couple thousand dollers from a family friend.

 

Courier-Journal Article

3 games is fair.

 

He'll miss Northwestern St, Dayton, and Sacramento St.

 

He'll be back in time for 'Zona.

From the CJ article. This should take care of those questions, because Pitino doesn't have to hold him out of practice for this.

U of L pointed out in its report to the NCAA that the loans did not occur while the friend was employed by a sports agency, that the friend had a close relationship with Caracter for several years prior to Caracter’s freshman year of high school and that Caracter had repaid all of the money.

 

"In assessing Mr. Caracter’s responsibility for this violation, the staff determined that he had some culpability, however, based on the dating relationship the individual had with his aunt and the fact that the benefits were provided after his employment with the sports agent had ended, only a minimal withholding was warranted,” said Jennifer Strawley, NCAA director of membership services and student-athlete reinstatement.

 

“Reinstatement is a delicate balance of addressing the benefit or competitive advantage gained with student-athlete well being. In this instance, requiring repayment – which Caracter had already fulfilled – as well as requiring him to sit out 10 percent of the season adequately addresses Mr. Caracter’s responsibility for the violation while considering the specific factors of the case.”

I think Pitino was very worried about what may happen causing him to hold Caracter out of practice. Thats just my opinion.

The LHL said today that Caracter is expected to practice today. Can anyone tell me if that is true or not?

I think Pitino was very worried about what may happen causing him to hold Caracter out of practice. Thats just my opinion.
:lol: you don't have to forfeit games if you practice an inelligible player. That is NOT why he sat, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.