#5 Christian Academy-Louisville at #3 Mayfield (2A State Semifinals)

MayfieldMan

Who Wins??  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins??

• Mayfield
    • Christian Academy- Louisville

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While War Memorial defiantly is nostalgic the fans in main stands have become not as vocal as years way back. Think we and me included have become spoiled. Hopefully we can come out strong for our team Friday night and help create an old time atmosphere that will be a nightmare for the visitors like nothing they have ever seen or heard.

While War Memorial defiantly is nostalgic the fans in main stands have become not as vocal as years way back. Think we and me included have become spoiled. Hopefully we can come out strong for our team Friday night and help create an old time atmosphere that will be a nightmare for the visitors like nothing they have ever seen or heard.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's wild when you haven't won in a while you get up and rowdy for your team when they play big games but because of our success from the past 7 years it's been like we're kind of expecting a win as a fan base. I know the players are confident but I know coach joe will keep them level headed. Heck, when we played, he had us believing teams that we blew out could beat us. That's how good of a coach he is. Any coach that can make you believe that a winless team can beat you to keep you focused on the task at hand is a great coach imo.

I think Friday will be different, knowing that this CAL team is more than capable beating us and winning another title. It's going to be a good one and I can't wait!

Crowd is a little different when Mayfield host sub state.

First off, we are THE only game around. Expect to see plenty of letter jackets representing other teams there. Second, old school fans that don't live around here make it back for Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing a team they may catch once every couple of years. When you have company in for the holiday weekend and you live in Mayfield, this is the ONLY thing going Friday night. Great weather should also make for huge, and hopefully rowdy crowd.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's wild when you haven't won in a while you get up and rowdy for your team when they play big games but because of our success from the past 7 years it's been like we're kind of expecting a win as a fan base. I know the players are confident but I know coach joe will keep them level headed. Heck, when we played, he had us believing teams that we blew out could beat us. That's how good of a coach he is. Any coach that can make you believe that a winless team can beat you to keep you focused on the task at hand is a great coach imo.

I think Friday will be different, knowing that this CAL team is more than capable beating us and winning another title. It's going to be a good one and I can't wait!

Having a coach with that type of ability is a true asset. Sounds like it will be a monster game. The winner will have earned it.