Tennessee Has Fired Butch Jones

Bluto

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23473160_1745163522175059_6146567309844717681_n.jpg?oh=c78f68add4afbeaa531c7dca274a1a8a&oe=5A635648

I've loved bashing Butch as much as anyone...then I see this on Facebook. A very good friend of mine was battling cancer a few years ago in Knoxville and is a huge UK fan, that's his son in the photo with Butch. They got to talking at a basketball game a few years ago and he told Butch about his dad's battle and long story short Butch agreed to wear a "Team Wayne" Blue Bracelet to support my buddy. My understanding is that he wore it for several months after first putting it on. We (myself included) are quick to judge sometimes based on what we see from a great distance, but this put Butch Jones into a much better perspective for me. Yeah he needed to go at UT, but I truly wish him well...and Wayne, after over 6 months away from work beat cancer's butt and made it back to work.

First name I thought of as well.

Not sure the top coaches view Tennessee the same way fans do. It, much like Nebraska, and due to many factors beyond simply football, just isn't nearly the caliber of job it used to be.

Yes and no. Its a better job than Nebraska, sorry MTGL, but its not near the level the fans in Knoxville believe it to be.

Yes and no. Its a better job than Nebraska, sorry MTGL, but its not near the level the fans in Knoxville believe it to be.

UT could be one dynamic coach away from being relevant again. They have everything in place to be successful, just need someone that can go out and get it done. UT honestly "Should" consistently win 9 games a year and challenge to win 10-12 every few years. I'm not a fan but that's what Tennessee is capable of being.

UT could be one dynamic coach away from being relevant again. They have everything in place to be successful, just need someone that can go out and get it done. UT honestly "Should" consistently win 9 games a year and challenge to win 10-12 every few years. I'm not a fan but that's what Tennessee is capable of being.

Tennessee is more than capable. You can get talent to come to UT for sure. But I don't think it's as good of a job as Florida is.

Who gets the job? Lane Kiffin has to be a viable option as much bad blood as there has been. Scott Frost from UCF? Chad Morris from SMU?

What has Lane Kiffin done since leaving Tennessee to make him such a great candidate to come back??