Tennessee Has Fired Butch Jones

Bluto

I think very highly of Butch Jones as a man. I've told this story before, but worth telling again: the Monday night after the UC / Xavier brawl, Butch and his wife came to Friday's in Kenwood for the Chris Mack Show. A Xavier administrator, so impressed with the gesture to help heal the city, bought Butch and his wife's dinner. Butch, not to be outdone, left after the last segment, leaving his server a $100 bill as a tip.

There is more to a man than wins and losses, sorry he wasn't able to have success at Tennessee. I'm sure pulling the plug on him was an incredibly emotional decision for President Davenport. She is a kind, kind woman (and KY native), and I'm sure she didn't make this decision lightly.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think very highly of Butch Jones as a man. I've told this story before, but worth telling again: the Monday night after the UC / Xavier brawl, Butch and his wife came to Friday's in Kenwood for the Chris Mack Show. A Xavier administrator, so impressed with the gesture to help heal the city, bought Butch and his wife's dinner. Butch, not to be outdone, left after the last segment, leaving his server a $100 bill as a tip.

There is more to a man than wins and losses, sorry he wasn't able to have success at Tennessee. I'm sure pulling the plug on him was an incredibly emotional decision for President Davenport. She is a kind, kind woman (and KY native), and I'm sure she didn't make this decision lightly.

Butch got it at Cincy. Cool tip but that’s probably what you tip as well!