Trinty 51 Campbell County 13

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few observations from a Camel fan: 1. Trinity’s complex is first class. You have a setup that many D3 colleges would envy. 2. Rondale Moore is a speed freak and has to be the best offensive weapon in KY. 3. Trinity’s D Line and LBs are impressive and disciplined. 4. Trinity’s weakness on defense appears to be their secondary. 5. Trinity’s excessive amount of penalties was a head scratcher but were justifiably called. 6. Trinity RB Gereimah Smith is one speedy/shifty runner. 7. CC WR Reid Jolly posed a big problem for Trinity DBs and had a big night. 8. CC QB Austin Hoeh threw the best deep balls of the season last night. 9. The announcer was classy and did show respect to the Camels a number of times but it did sound a bit strange when he announced when the running clock started. I’ve never heard that announced before at a game. When he announced that “it looks like Trinity will host SK next week” as the 3rd quarter ended, I don’t think it was intentional disrespect to the Camels but I can see how some people took it the wrong way. 10. I thought it was a little tacky that Beatty put his defensive starters back in during a running clock when the Camels drove down to the Trinity 10 yard line against the #2’s in order to prevent a meaningless score. 11. After playing both Cov Cath and Trinity head-to-head, I think Trinity is the better overall team and would beat the Colonels by 2-3 scores. Congrats to the Rocks. It was neat to finally see your team in person and experience your Friday night environment.

Trinity’s run defense is legit. Dowds got 2 or 3 runs of 5-6 yards but that was about it. Their D Line creates instant pressure. For SK to beat them, they’re going to have to go to the air and be decisive. You can’t hesitate against this defense; if you see an opportunity, you need to instantly commit.

It was start of 4th quarter, and again at 7 minutes, but who cares right? Win the arrogant way you want. Trinity won, running clock congrats, that got me out of the cold. Go ahead now and announce the game after Simon...its already a done deal.

you’re right, it is a done deal.

I agree total lack of respect, you just don’t do that, but I guess Trinity does. Also, some jhole was trying to keep parents off the field after game.

Why did parents need to be on the field after the game?

The disrespect is with the parents. disrespecting Trinity's rules and disrespecting Trinity's field.

I left at halftime but I didn't think Trinity played a particularly sharp game last night. All the penalties (12 in the first half for 120+ yards) including the PI calls were out of character. I thought the QB missed a couple of TD throws. I believe T went to zone coverage in the secondary and that helped the coverage issues. Maybe the cold weather or adjusting to the officials threw T off. (Certainly the Camels had something to do with it as well.). I fully expect Trinity to play much better next week.