Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA football stats errors

Featured Replies

Just looking at KHSAA website and noticed a blatant error on Justn Blackburn's scoring through the 10 regular season games. It shows him with 33 rushing TDs, 1 other TD, and 3 conversions for a total of 150 points. Now is that Ludlow math? Cell error by Ludlow staff? Cell error at KHSAA? Whichever, I would hope it would get corrected (been a continual problem on his stats for several weeks). I have no clue how many other players have significant errors; but, the players deserve a little more accuracy on such a valuable site of measureables.

I'm sure they didn't mean to mess up the stats.

 

I think people need to take a step back and be grateful that Kentucky has a tool such as the KHSAA scoreboard that allows anyone to view scores and stats for each team (when the schools submit the stats). Other states are far behind in this area.

 

I'm sure any college that is recruiting Blackburn will be more impressed with the 33 touchdowns rushing than any other line on the stat sheet.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #5

Schools are responsible for imputing stats. Find out who the stat person is at Ludlow and tell them about the mistake. Odds are they have no idea (or typed something wrong upon entry) but would be happy to fix it.

  • Author
I'm sure they didn't mean to mess up the stats.

 

I think people need to take a step back and be grateful that Kentucky has a tool such as the KHSAA scoreboard that allows anyone to view scores and stats for each team (when the schools submit the stats). Other states are far behind in this area.

 

I'm sure any college that is recruiting Blackburn will be more impressed with the 33 touchdowns rushing than any other line on the stat sheet.

 

Blackburn's total points have been terribly wrong for multiple weeks. The humor of my questioning "Ludlow math" versus cell errors was meant to add levity. Hope the problem is corrected to properly credit him with 210 points versus the incorrectly posted 150. The differential speaks loudly to this young man's incremental value to the offensive side of the team. Then add on top that he is their leading tackler on the defensive side, plus their punter. Any young man that put up numbers like these for a larger division program would be a run-away Mr. Ky. Football.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

  • Author
Schools are responsible for imputing stats. Find out who the stat person is at Ludlow and tell them about the mistake. Odds are they have no idea (or typed something wrong upon entry) but would be happy to fix it.

Thought that was the case...levity about "Ludlow math"..... Hope someone from Ludlow takes notice and corrects. Hasn't happened since I first noticed several weeks ago. When corrected he will move up to the #2 scorer in all classes and #1 in 1A by a mile.

Stats are in the eye of the beholder. I keep stats for all FS games for use during the radio broadcast. I have a good system that I have used for years. Usually the next day I watch the game video and make any corrections (there are usually more than a couple).

 

The fun part comes with I compare what I have with what gets posted by the two teams that played Friday night. Three sets of statistics...three sets of numbers.

Stats are in the eye of the beholder. I keep stats for all FS games for use during the radio broadcast. I have a good system that I have used for years. Usually the next day I watch the game video and make any corrections (there are usually more than a couple).

 

The fun part comes with I compare what I have with what gets posted by the two teams that played Friday night. Three sets of statistics...three sets of numbers.

 

Yep. Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and pull up any team's schedule. Then hit the link to the stats for any game. Look at the numbers. Go back, pull up the opponent's schedule and their stats for the same game. If anyone finds a game where the stats from both sides match, please point it out to me. I would like to see it.

Stats are in the eye of the beholder. I keep stats for all FS games for use during the radio broadcast. I have a good system that I have used for years. Usually the next day I watch the game video and make any corrections (there are usually more than a couple).

 

The fun part comes with I compare what I have with what gets posted by the two teams that played Friday night. Three sets of statistics...three sets of numbers.

 

Mac, where does the BG Daily News get their stats for their game reports? Do they have their own guys at the games or do they use yours?

Mac, where does the BG Daily News get their stats for their game reports? Do they have their own guys at the games or do they use yours?

 

They do their own.

Yep. Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and pull up any team's schedule. Then hit the link to the stats for any game. Look at the numbers. Go back, pull up the opponent's schedule and their stats for the same game. If anyone finds a game where the stats from both sides match, please point it out to me. I would like to see it.

 

I've noticed that as well and take it into account when doing notebooks, etc. Unless both teams stats match for a particular player I like to just round off any numbers I put in the notebook, as well using words to indicate that the actual number is somewhere around there. No matter where you look, whether it be a newspaper, khsaa, or any other website, stats will in general vary. Most are close enough to give you a good idea as to what the actual numbers are though.

Yep. Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and pull up any team's schedule. Then hit the link to the stats for any game. Look at the numbers. Go back, pull up the opponent's schedule and their stats for the same game. If anyone finds a game where the stats from both sides match, please point it out to me. I would like to see it.

 

You will never find that.:idunno:

  • Author
Yep. Go to the KHSAA scoreboard and pull up any team's schedule. Then hit the link to the stats for any game. Look at the numbers. Go back, pull up the opponent's schedule and their stats for the same game. If anyone finds a game where the stats from both sides match, please point it out to me. I would like to see it.

 

VOR, agree. My point was simple...after 10 games of the regular season....(34 Tds X 6= 204) plus (3 conversions X 2= 6) gives a total of 210 points, not 150. The young man deserves better than being 15th all classes (or whatever the ranking was) rather than the 2nd he earned. Simple correction, just needs someone's attention which was the point of the thread.

Just looking at KHSAA website and noticed a blatant error on Justn Blackburn's scoring through the 10 regular season games. It shows him with 33 rushing TDs, 1 other TD, and 3 conversions for a total of 150 points. Now is that Ludlow math? Cell error by Ludlow staff? Cell error at KHSAA? Whichever, I would hope it would get corrected (been a continual problem on his stats for several weeks). I have no clue how many other players have significant errors; but, the players deserve a little more accuracy on such a valuable site of measureables.

 

Hmmm what exactly is Ludlow math as you state?

VOR, agree. My point was simple...after 10 games of the regular season....(34 Tds X 6= 204) plus (3 conversions X 2= 6) gives a total of 210 points, not 150. The young man deserves better than being 15th all classes (or whatever the ranking was) rather than the 2nd he earned. Simple correction, just needs someone's attention which was the point of the thread.

If you are serious about wanting them corrected, you need to contact a Ludlow football coach. Their email addresses can be found on the Member Schools part of KHSAA.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.