Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hopkinsville at #8 Logan County (4A Second Round)

Who advances to the Region 1 Championship? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who advances to the Region 1 Championship?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is shaping up to be another battle between these two teams. Logan County won during the regular season 13-12 on a last second field goal. Hoptown has reeled off 4 straight since losing that heartbreaker. Logan County is still firing on all cylinders.

 

I'm going with Logan County to continue their dream season in a tight one....

This is shaping up to be another battle between these two teams. Logan County won during the regular season 13-12 on a last second field goal. Hoptown has reeled off 4 straight since losing that heartbreaker. Logan County is still firing on all cylinders.

 

I'm going with Logan County to continue their dream season in a tight one....

 

Logan won this game with a touchdown run by Ezell as time expired. Logan also gave the ball three times to Hopkinsville inside the red zone. Only to give up field goals. I like Logan at home again!

  • Author
Logan won this game with a touchdown run by Ezell as time expired. Logan also gave the ball three times to Hopkinsville inside the red zone. Only to give up field goals. I like Logan at home again!

 

Correct you are. Madisonville win was the FG.

Correct you are. Madisonville win was the FG.

 

Hopkinsville kicked four field goals without scoring a touchdown in the earlier loss to Logan County, correct?

I love the Logan County story and it has a fairy tale quality to it. I honestly still don't know how they beat either Hoptown or Madisonville - especially Madisonville. I like the Tigers to pull the upset here.

I'm hoping for a LC win just because of there story and the couch is a great guy. He couched my son in east west all star game in 8th grade.

  • Author
Hopkinsville kicked four field goals without scoring a touchdown in the earlier loss to Logan County, correct?

 

Yes. I think Hoptown was stuffed 2 times inside the 10 after Logan County turnovers and had to settle for FG's.

I was at the first game between these two teams and it was great. Logan's defense impressed me, especially in the red zone. Without their turnovers, Logan may have won by a bigger margin. However, Hopkinsville missed some open throws that could have changed the margin in their favor. Hard to pick but I'll go with the Cougars to win again.

I hope to see a Logan Co v Franklin Simpson hookup in Russellville. This would be an event to not miss. The buildup and atmosphere surrounding this game would be tremendous.

 

Both teams have big jobs ahead of them to make this happen. It is quite possible that next Friday night will see Hopkinsville at Madisonville.

Oh...and I think the Cougars' belief in themselves gets them the win.

Interesting game.

 

Hoptown lost to Logan County on the last play of the game Oct. 5 and then lost one of their best defensive players (EJ Austin) to an accidental shooting two days later. They haven't lost a game since.

 

Hoptown has outscored their opponents 155-13 in that four game winning streak. Neither team has any legit playoff experience. However, I don't see Hoptown's Jay Bland going 1-of-16 passing in the game like the last time. Hoptown has also figured out their running game.

 

Logan County is playing with a chip on their shoulder and want to prove to people that their first win over Hoptown wasn't a fluke.

 

VIDEO – Hoptown Looking For Revenge Friday at Logan | Your Sports Edge

I look to see Hoptown pull this one out. Either way it is going to be a good one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.