Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov. Holy Cross vs Ludlow

Featured Replies

Does HC stumble before their big wk 10 match-up or does Ludlow's problems stopping the run continue.

Does HC stumble before their big wk 10 match-up or does Ludlow's problems stopping the run continue.

 

 

No and Yes.

I do not think Holy Cross is in danger of losing. Ludlow could keep it close by getting somewhere on the ground and then stacking the box and keep the HC run game in check.

 

Be interested to see how Ludlow compares to HC with respect to how Dayton compared to Holy Cross. (Dayton/HC scoreless after one, Dayton didn't play well right before the half allowing HC to be up 12-7 at the half. HC outscores Dayton 14-0 in second half for 24-7 win.)

 

Anyway HC should win and then has a bye before the Beechwood game while Beechwood basically has a bye taking on Bracken County the week before Holy Cross.

HC wins with relative ease.

Got to agree with Al Bundy from Polk High on this one. Did you really score four td's in one game?

Well I think Ludlow will be alot more competitive in this game than the NCC game. I know HC beat NCC, but NCC still has that intimidation factor to them, and I HC is not there yet where teams are really afraid to play them...I know ever since Ludlow started using that shotgun offense back in 2003 HC has always had trouble stopping it. So I think Ludlow will be able to give HC some problems again with it. It really just comes down to Ludlows defense and if they could stop HC, and that will be a hard thing to do. HC has a good runninggame and passing game this year, so that could give Ludlow alot of problems. I know last years game between these two teams ended up being a shootout, and for the most part both teams have all the players back from last years game. So I think we might see another high scoring game in this one. I think this game really just comes down to which defense can come up with some big plays and right now that edge on the defensive side would go to HC, because Ludlow has not shown much on defense this year. Anything can happen though, and I think this game will be a lot closer than people think it will be...

 

GO PANTHERS!!!

Well I think Ludlow will be alot more competitive in this game than the NCC game. I know HC beat NCC, but NCC still has that intimidation factor to them, and I HC is not there yet where teams are really afraid to play them...I know ever since Ludlow started using that shotgun offense back in 2003 HC has always had trouble stopping it. So I think Ludlow will be able to give HC some problems again with it. It really just comes down to Ludlows defense and if they could stop HC, and that will be a hard thing to do. HC has a good runninggame and passing game this year, so that could give Ludlow alot of problems. I know last years game between these two teams ended up being a shootout, and for the most part both teams have all the players back from last years game. So I think we might see another high scoring game in this one. I think this game really just comes down to which defense can come up with some big plays and right now that edge on the defensive side would go to HC, because Ludlow has not shown much on defense this year. Anything can happen though, and I think this game will be a lot closer than people think it will be...

 

GO PANTHERS!!!

 

As you know, I watch HOLYCROSS alot. They had trouble with the shotgun in the Holmes game, but figured it out in the second half.The BIG difference was the speed of jefferson. I don't see that speed at Ludlow. And why do you think NCC changed their offence the next week after HolyCross beat them. Dayton runs that shot gun also, and have a very talented QB. Don't see that at ludlow. HC just has alot of talent at all the skill positions. So I Don't think they are worried about the shotgun offence anymore.

As you know, I watch HOLYCROSS alot. They had trouble with the shotgun in the Holmes game, but figured it out in the second half.The BIG difference was the speed of jefferson. I don't see that speed at Ludlow. And why do you think NCC changed their offence the next week after HolyCross beat them. Dayton runs that shot gun also, and have a very talented QB. Don't see that at ludlow. HC just has alot of talent at all the skill positions. So I Don't think they are worried about the shotgun offence anymore.

 

I hope they dont worry about Ludlow at all, that would be fine with me...All I know is that I have watched these games against Holy Cross for the last 3 years, and each time Ludlows offense has been able to do real well against that defense. This is also Ludlows 4th year in a row running this offense, so they probably alot more crisp at running it than the two teams you said. Also with NCC they have shown that they are better off being a power running team this year. While Ludlow is better off in the shotgun...So I really hope HC is not worried about it, and thinks they will just come out and stop it with no problems...

I hope they dont worry about Ludlow at all, that would be fine with me...All I know is that I have watched these games against Holy Cross for the last 3 years, and each time Ludlows offense has been able to do real well against that defense. This is also Ludlows 4th year in a row running this offense, so they probably alot more crisp at running it than the two teams you said. Also with NCC they have shown that they are better off being a power running team this year. While Ludlow is better off in the shotgun...So I really hope HC is not worried about it, and thinks they will just come out and stop it with no problems...

 

Maybe I should not have said they are not worried, because it is a game. Anything can happen,but I went to watch the Ludlow - NCC game because I am like you and thought that ludlow could give them a decent game. But I was wrong, I left at the half because ludlow had no game.

Maybe I should not have said they are not worried, because it is a game. Anything can happen,but I went to watch the Ludlow - NCC game because I am like you and thought that ludlow could give them a decent game. But I was wrong, I left at the half because ludlow had no game.

 

Well Im glad you saw that game, and I hope the HC staff only saw that game as well because that was the worse game of the year that Ludlow has played. So hopefully they dont think Ludlow will be much trouble because of that...

 

I will tell you this that this game will be alot more competitive than the Ludlow NCC game. So I really hope HC does overlook Ludlow and dont come out as hard as usual, because they will need to play there hardest still to win this game...

Holy Cross 21-0.

HC should have know problem in this one, but thats why they play the game on Friday nights. I think Ludlow stays somewhat close until the second half, before HC pulls away.

These 2 teams have had some very entertaining games over the last few years and I look for that to continue. Last year a 35-24 HC victory, in a game that they just wore the Panthers down in the second half. Not predicting a final, but I think it will be a good game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.