Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Gonna Watch "LBJ" ?

Featured Replies

I don't take in a lot of movies unless it's something that really piques my interest but I may have to check out Rob Reiner's "LBJ." I think the movie is set to open in theaters this Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing Woody Harrelson's portrayal of the 36th POTUS.

 

Is anyone else planning on seeing the film?

I don't take in a lot of movies unless it's something that really piques my interest but I may have to check out Rob Reiner's "LBJ." I think the movie is set to open in theaters this Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing Woody Harrelson's portrayal of the 36th POTUS.

 

Is anyone else planning on seeing the film?

 

While my interest has been peaked, I watched the trailer and I really don't think that I'd be able to enjoy the movie when I can't get past the poor role choice that was made to have Woody play LBJ.

 

Right off hand I can't think who else would be the perfect choice, yet I just know that the whole movie my mind would be more preoccupied with trying to figure out who while cringing the whole time not digging the unbelievability of Harrelson.

 

I'd be all about this movie if they had come up with someone better to play him.

  • Author
While my interest has been peaked, I watched the trailer and I really don't think that I'd be able to enjoy the movie when I can't get past the poor role choice that was made to have Woody play LBJ.

 

Right off hand I can't think who else would be the perfect choice, yet I just know that the whole movie my mind would be more preoccupied with trying to figure out who while cringing the whole time not digging the unbelievability of Harrelson.

 

I'd be all about this movie if they had come up with someone better to play him.

 

Reiner said Harrelson is incredible in the role. Of course, one would expect him to say that. I'm curious if I can get lost in the character and forget that it's just a Woody.

  • Author
Pass.

 

Oh come on, you may be surprised. Years ago, a gal pal forced me to watch "The Notebook" and I LOVED it !!! :)

While my interest has been peaked, I watched the trailer and I really don't think that I'd be able to enjoy the movie when I can't get past the poor role choice that was made to have Woody play LBJ.

 

Right off hand I can't think who else would be the perfect choice, yet I just know that the whole movie my mind would be more preoccupied with trying to figure out who while cringing the whole time not digging the unbelievability of Harrelson.

 

I'd be all about this movie if they had come up with someone better to play him.

 

Randy Quaid did a good job with him in a TV movie. But the guy who played him in The Path to War was great. Michael Gambon.

Reiner said Harrelson is incredible in the role. Of course, one would expect him to say that. I'm curious if I can get lost in the character and forget that it's just a Woody.

 

Considering the more straightforward as well as sensationalistic film era we're living in I can't but help to wonder if they will address some of the more radical and intimate details about LBJ's exhibitionistic and womanizing character that might make some others blush.

Randy Quaid did a good job with him in a TV movie. But the guy who played him in The Path to War was great. Michael Gambon.

 

I think they were getting close with Michael Gambon

Oh come on, you may be surprised. Years ago, a gal pal forced me to watch "The Notebook" and I LOVED it !!! :)

 

The Notebook is awesome!

 

Reiner, Harrelson and LBJ, not so much for me.

  • Author
The Notebook is awesome!

 

Reiner, Harrelson and LBJ, not so much for me.

 

Terrific indeed. Made me really sad all night after watching it, though. I don't know if you like ELO or not but here's some of my favorite scenes from the movie set to ELO's "Don't Walk Away." I think it's a great fit.

 

Randy Quaid did a good job with him in a TV movie. But the guy who played him in The Path to War was great. Michael Gambon.

 

The actor that looked and talked more like LBJ than anyone I’ve seen was Bryan Cranston in the 2016 movie “All The Way”.

I won't go see it, but I'll catch it later. I love watching biopics.

It's not a true biopic. From what I understand, this movie centers on LBJ's relationship with JFK and Johnson getting the Civil Rights Act passed. It does not center on his entire presidency or his life. I wonder if it even mentions the Vietnam War, the thing that brought Johnson down.

 

It looks like they are trying to emulate the movie "Lincoln", which centers on President Lincoln trying to get the 13th Amendment to the Constitution passed.

 

Some of my favorite movies were directed by Rob Reiner (The Princess Bride, This is Spinal Tape, The American President, Stand By Me). After seeing the trailer, I might give it a watch. However, like JD, I definitely will not spend money in a theater to see it.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.