Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A Playoff Bracket

Featured Replies

And cross-bracketing changed what?

 

Not a darn thing. Still have

 

Mayfield

OCath

Desales

CAL

 

In the West

And cross-bracketing changed what?

 

Swapped Glasgow for Walton Verona, pretty much all that happened. Cross-Bracketing in 2A the way it lays out geographically doesn't make any sense.

Agree Jumper....only thing I can see in our benefit is that we don't have to travel to the Tennessee border for a game like we did a couple of years ago (Monroe Co. .I believe) ...a long drive....saw more deer then I could count....

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Rule 8

Mayfield vs. Todd County Central

 

Hancock County vs. Ballard Memorial

 

Murray vs. McClean County

 

Owensboro Catholic vs. Webster County

 

Walton-Verona vs. Shawnee

 

Christian Academy Louisville vs. Carroll County

 

Owen County vs. Washington County

 

DeSales vs. Gallatin County

 

 

 

Glasgow vs. Covington Holy Cross

 

Newport Central Catholic vs. Metcalfe County

 

Monroe County vs. Newport

 

Lloyd Memorial vs. Green County

 

Danville vs. East Ridge

 

Shelby Valley vs. Somerset

 

Lexington Christian Academy vs. Leslie County

 

Prestonsburg vs. Middlesboro

Who has the toughest path??

 

East Ridge. Be difficult to beat Danville, Somerset and LCA

I meant more so out of the top 5 or 6. Which side is more heavy. Who’s Gonna have the toughest battles in that third and fourth round?

I don't like how the playoffs are set up. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it and will be watching games and following closely, but... I don't like a system where the same teams meet again in the 3rd round. I'd rather see a system where top 2 teams in district can't possibly meet until the semifinal round.

I don't like how the playoffs are set up. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it and will be watching games and following closely, but... I don't like a system where the same teams meet again in the 3rd round. I'd rather see a system where top 2 teams in district can't possibly meet until the semifinal round.

 

If they are not going to keep true regions anymore, I am with you on this.

If they are not going to keep true regions anymore, I am with you on this.

 

There are 4 regions and 8 districts. So there will be 8 district champions. Only 4 teams meet in the Semi Final. It's impossible for this to happen. It is what it is.

My biased opinion is that the winner of the DeSales/CAL game has the toughest path. That's a QUARTERFINAL game. The winner follows that with a four-hour trip to Mayfield the day after Thanksgiving to even GET to Lexington. No-brainer in my opinion...

The reality is there is no easy path. This class is loaded on both sides. The team that wins 2a this year will have accomplished something monumental.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.