9th Region Cats Pause 2017-18

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are trying to spread the word about the scrimmage Saturday at Ryle. It should be a great day for kicking off girls basketball in NKY. Top NKY teams face off against top out of town teams all day. Including reigning Ohio State D1 champion Mount Notre Dame.

11- 1230 - Louisville Eastern vs Campbell

1230-2pm - Conner vs Kings (OH)

2pm- 330pm - Ryle vs MND (OH)

330-5pm - Bullitt East vs Cooper

5pm-630pm - Highlands vs Sycamore

630-8pm - Holmes vs St. Ursula (OH)

8pm-930pm - Notre Dame vs Wyoming (OH)

Edited by Jesse James

Didn't realize Highlands was going to be so good as well.

Highlands - IMO - is one of if not the best coached team in NKy. And they are talented - assuming Macke will be back on the team which should provide a real boost. I thought she was very, very good last year as a frosh at HC.

I think the competition this year in the 9th region will be fierce - a lot of talent and experience across these teams. Whoever emerges from this region will be a worthy representative at the state tournament.

Highlands - IMO - is one of if not the best coached team in NKy. And they are talented - assuming Macke will be back on the team which should provide a real boost. I thought she was very, very good last year as a frosh at HC.

I think the competition this year in the 9th region will be fierce - a lot of talent and experience across these teams. Whoever emerges from this region will be a worthy representative at the state tournament.

Won't Macke have to sit out a year?

Just asking, what makes you say they are one if not the best coached team in NKY?

Just asking, what makes you say they are one if not the best coached team in NKY?

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!

I am curious as well. Just ran through the numbers

from 2002-03 to last year

15 year run

298-156

6 District Titles

1 Regional Finals Appearance

0 Regional Titles

and lets not forget the infamous "stall ball" game in 2012 where they lost to NDA in the Regional Semi Finals 8-13

AGAIN, I think what coach Richey is an amazing person and coach just curious how the staff is "one of the best". Just a bold statement to me with not much to back it up.

The stall ball game was one of the best coaching moves of all time.. 2 weeks prior highlands got beat by 30+ this kept them in the game. Any time your staff has a head coach with the knowledge and pedigree of Jamie and you partner that with the best assistant in the HS game IMO that's makes you one of the best coaching staffs in nky.