What Are You Having for Lunch?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went with my standard salad of lettuce, raisins, feta cheese, almonds, oil, and vinegar; rotisserie chicken; and for dessert had Greek Yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter powder and honey.

Kept it similar today, but substituted pecans for the almonds, the vinegar was infused with fig, and the chicken I kept cold to incorporate within the salad. I also added blueberries to my dessert.

Edited by bugatti

Their wings are always overcooked. Always. The one in Lakeside Park is slightly better than the one in Cold Spring but all in all, I've never had a good meal there one time.

Just stop it! I get the wings 'dock style' double fried! Fantastic.

I agree! I really enjoy food. I pity people that can’t enjoy good meals. Those that go on the crazy shake diets,etc. Work out, pick and choose your good meals, but don’t sacrifice too much.

I’m thinking Chinese for lunch today?

Trust me when I say I don't diet, nor do I not eat what I want whenever I want it. I don't need to diet much because I work outside daily with a laboring job, I'm still in pretty good shape, though my arteries may not agree. I grill/smoke plenty of food from ribs, pork shoulder, brisket, steaks, chicken, burgers, dogs, fatty's, etc. That salad as a lunch salad with rotisserie chicken as the protein sounds great though, I would use something other than straight vinegar for the dressing though. But the salad does indeed sound promising. I love Chinese as well, eat it at least once a week.

You ever make wilted lettuce?

Funny that you would ask, that is what I had today. :lol2: Two huge bowls ..with green onions it was awesome. You like it?

My fall lettuce crop is going to be a good one. Cooked greens out of the garden over the weekend. They were good too. My radishes are just about all gone. Kale is huge, turnips are just now coming up.

Funny that you would ask, that is what I had today. :lol2: Two huge bowls ..with green onions it was awesome. You like it?

Love it, but haven't had it in forever. My grandmother used to make it all the time. My mother-in-law and my wife have made it before too, but like I said, it's been a while.

Love it, but haven't had it in forever. My grandmother used to make it all the time. My mother-in-law and my wife have made it before too, but like I said, it's been a while.

Make a trip to Winchester and I will make plenty for you and a bunch to take home.

I think what makes mine so good is the fresh lettuce from my garden. You just can't buy anything like it at the grocery store.

Make a trip to Winchester and I will make plenty for you and a bunch to take home.

I think what makes mine so good is the fresh lettuce from my garden. You just can't buy anything like it at the grocery store.

That's how my grandmother made it. So good!

There's an Oriental Cole Slaw salad that reminds me of wilted lettuce. I even know how to make it and I don't know how to make anything. :lol2:

That's how my grandmother made it. So good!

There's an Oriental Cole Slaw salad that reminds me of wilted lettuce. I even know how to make it and I don't know how to make anything. :lol2:

I am serious get TAC to come with you. He has been wanting to eat some of my food.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

If I were to end up in hell, that's the type of meal I envision I'd be forced to eat for all of eternity. :lol2:

For me, in addition to the feta cheese vinegar salad and PBP&Honey , it would also include being forced to watch an endless loop of the most painful Bengals' misfortunes since 1967 while, at the same time, receiving an infinite number of Kim Davis lap dances for all eternity.